CDI/magneto upgrade

Zac

Local time
8:18 AM
I'm currently running the cdi that comes with a normal kit. I want to get my bike to start a little better, are the "high performance" ones actually better? They are pretty much identical to the stock one, just with a red spark plug cap. And what about the magneto? What would happen if I upgraded both of these? I've already spent a ton on parts recently so I am not going for a jaguar cdi, just wondering if the high performance ones are actually better despite looking no different than the stock one.

I'm currently running the cdi that comes with a normal kit. I want to get my bike to start a little better, are the "high performance" ones actually better? They are pretty much identical to the stock one, just with a red spark plug cap. And what about the magneto? What would happen if I upgraded both of these? I've already spent a ton on parts recently so I am not going for a jaguar cdi, just wondering if the high performance ones are actually better despite looking no different than the stock one.
For about 20 cents you can do what a jag cdi does. A flat washer and a star washer, bamb, save that 175 bucks for another kit. Just retard the timing slightly with a shaved moon key. Saves money, does the same thing all that money you want to spend does, and let's you say you set the timing.

Back