Cdi question

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDI or Coil? It looks hard to mount. I get unavailable when I click on the link.

What’s this coil good for?
Super Charge CDI for 48cc 66cc 80cc - High Performance https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BLP2185/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_9K8UFb73ASHS7
You need the coil to supply spark to the engine. The little black box is the cdi. It tells the coil when to fire. The stock cdi has the coil and cdi as a 1 piece unit.
The stock cdi has been proven on a dyno to be one of the better cdi. The newest billet cases are made to accept a KTM 50 magneto and magnet.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What is the cost? The difference is I'm in Canada and lots of things don't ship so it's shown as unavailable.

I just wanted to know the difference from stock cdi.Thanks you. Chris you gave me the answer.

No need to worry for long @Chainlube , Biden will have the USD devalued in no time and the Canadian dollar will be worth more again soon. At least with USMCA there are no duties charged to canadians on online orders of $150 or less. Was $20 before Trump.

Wow no one answered this guys question... instead went off on randomized tangents!

I have ripped each cdi open. I had the same question. The high performance and the standard cdi.both sold all over Amazon and such. There is nothing different period in either unit. The reason they call one high performance is it has a 7mm to 8mm spark plug cable. The standard comes with a 6mm to 7mm cable either way both have the same center wire strand count same internals. Far as I can tell there is not much of a difference. Those big oz magnetos seem to charge these units the same as standard magneto as well. Seems like snake oil type items.
LOL no difference between a stock cdi and the super charged cdi, give your head a shake! The super charged cdi is a completely different unit with a better suited base timing and curve, when Rob tested the cdi's on the dyno he did not actually test or show the firing degrees nor did he test it on a high rpm engine which really didn't show or prove anything, Fact is that the super charged cdi has it's base timing upto 10 degrees btdc lower than stock depending on which one you use as the older more common cdi's are timed at 25 degrees btdc and the latter one's along with the TZ's are 20 degrees btdc and the super charged is at 15 degrees btdc, the final timing on a stock unit or TZ just climbs there is NO curve to accommodate high rpm as the higher the rpm goes the more retarded the timing should be and the super charged ends up at around 8 degrees btdc at anything above 8k where the stock unit's and TZ's can be well above 30 degrees btdc at or above 8k and this just beat's the crap out of the crank bearings, piston, wrist pin and bearing not to mention the highly increased risk of detonation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back