CDI wont work when grounded

J

JamisonEliteTedi

I have a 200cc lifan engine and I had it idling but it had a valve issue so I pulled it and replaced the valves now I put everything back together and I have a CDI that has a green light on it when it picks up from the coil it blinks when it's not grounded but as soon as I ground the CDI it stops blinking I've tested the coils and everything checks out but the ground from the CDI if I get it close to the block it sparks against the block but if it touches the block it stops again the spark plug also sparks if I just hold the ground close the block what am I doing wrong?

I have a 200cc lifan engine and I had it idling but it had a valve issue so I pulled it and replaced the valves now I put everything back together and I have a CDI that has a green light on it when it picks up from the coil it blinks when it's not grounded but as soon as I ground the CDI it stops blinking I've tested the coils and everything ichecks out but the ground from the CDI if I get it close to the block it sparks against the block but if it touches the block it stops again the spark plug also sparks if I just hold the ground close the block what am I doing wrong?
Something seems backwards? Check the wiring again quick. How does the kill switch work? Is it in proper condition?

If the kill is malfunctioning or you have a short to ground the CDI will spark to the frame and kill at or almost at ground.
Note022717_1.jpg

I've removed the kill switch from the CDI completely the only thing grounded is the coil and stator
Is your battery installed backwards, or a positive wire on the wrong spot?

CDI should be grounded, and the coil as well, still... Did you change anything in the wiring at all?

Back