Center Stand Suitable for Sitting on

If you get one you will love it. It is super helpful when building a shifter bike with all the chain alignment issues. Checking cyl. comp. piece of cake. Good solid platform for nearly all maint. and repair/replace projects.
I've also always wanted to build one just for sake of doing it

Hello. I just have a quick question that thus far Google has not been able to help me with. My father in law has two beach cruiser style motorized bikes that he wants to put center stands on. The reason being, he wants to be able to sit on the bike while getting the motor started (i.e. start pedaling while sitting on the stand, then start the motor with the spinning wheel). I've searched for a little while now but cannot find a center stand that expressly says that it will support that kind of weight. He's weighs about 175 pounds. Do any of you know of a stand or a stand that I can modify that would be suitable?
There should be no problem as long as he is under 350 pounds, the problem is going to occure that the mounting bolt is going to be levered keep coming undone I h just removed one frommy bike it was nice until I chop my schin put on suspension forks which raised my schwin chopper 7 " higher had to take a couple of long bolts extended the yoke with hosebands whcich still created a problem of going into a bank turn having them scrape on a turn possible the can snag in a crack, I like them in a park mode was more stable in a wind if the front tire was up a inch or more cuz the weight of the motor always wants to topple over zee bike I also had mine welded on to prevent the leverage from losing the bolt until I took it to a small engine mechanic whe broke the weld. It almost work putting another nut below the screw coffin but I havent been able to find a tension nut or lock nut that would stay in place and the small housing is difficult to put a bolts and a socket on to dailey tighten it. But, to answer your question won't harm it a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the replies everyone. You guys have been super helpful and speedy with the responses! I need to get out to the bike itself to go any further it sounds. More to follow, I just don't know how soon.

Back