Center Stand Suitable for Sitting on

It makes sense, if you value your bike you let it warm up and nobody like riding a bike down into the road starting it then riding it back up into the parking lot just to let it sit for a few minutes when you can just crank it in your driveway without even moving. That being said, get two chainstay kickstands that clamp to your chainstays and put one on each side, boom a sidestand on each side and a centerstand when you need it

Consider the age of this guy's father, any chance he's unable to pedal himself, the bike and engine, and try to start the bike via rolling.

My first fixed gear had to be pedaled with while starting or it would skid. If he is using beach cruiser style bike it may be a single gear on the freewheel. He may be unable to get enough strength/speed to overcome that force.

At 200 pounds roughly and a slow speed my bike needed pedaling with, and I had gears, to start.

If you aren't on good terrain at too slow a speed the motor chokes out and brakes the back wheel, further causing hip breaking events.

The double chain stay idea seems pretty good, no clue if it will hold a sitting person. I would not chance it.

Consider the age of this guy's father, any chance he's unable to pedal himself, the bike and engine, and try to start the bike via rolling.

My first fixed gear had to be pedaled with while starting or it would skid. If he is using beach cruiser style bike it may be a single gear on the freewheel. He may be unable to get enough strength/speed to overcome that force.

At 200 pounds roughly and a slow speed my bike needed pedaling with, and I had gears, to start.

If you aren't on good terrain at too slow a speed the motor chokes out and brakes the back wheel, further causing hip breaking events.

The double chain stay idea seems pretty good, no clue if it will hold a sitting person. I would not chance it.
Could be. I guess more info needed. :)

What in the world are you diagnosing right now lol?
What the original problem is that makes him think a tripod stand would make a difference.

The things to check if your bike locks the back wheel when the clutch is released.

This isn't a portable solution but if he is only wanting it for starting and warn up at home these are great. It is also a godsend when trying do diagnose a bike that won't start, or just about any work that the bike needs. You can find them under bicycle trainers on ebay, and usually used ones on craigslist.

This isn't a portable solution but if he is only wanting it for starting and warn up at home these are great. It is also a godsend when trying do diagnose a bike that won't start, or just about any work that the bike needs. You can find them under bicycle trainers on ebay, and usually used ones on craigslist.
Yep for home use, these was a time I looked at something like a tread mill to spin the back for me so no pedaling required but never got a round to it.

I have had this one for a couple of years now. I use it almost every day, and would never be without 1 again.

I have had this one for a couple of years now. I use it almost every day, and would never be without 1 again.
I try to start my bike every other day at least regardless of weather. One of those would make it easier, and even double as a storage stand. Would be nice to use it as a warm up stand to leave the engine on an idle.

With the clutch out and on a stand at a low rpm idle it could make chain maintenance a breeze.

If you get one you will love it. It is super helpful when building a shifter bike with all the chain alignment issues. Checking cyl. comp. piece of cake. Good solid platform for nearly all maint. and repair/replace projects.

Back