Central Florida builder w machine homeshop

thinwater

Local time
8:29 AM
I am way over the $3.99 diesel and similar gas prices. It is time to build a motorized bike. I have a full machine/welding shop in my garage including full size milling machine with DRO, two lathes, MIG, spot, Arc, torch welding equipment and a foundry for casting AL. and all kinds of other stuff. I have made everything from wooden and fiberglass boats to entire machines built entirely from my own castings, guns, knives, trailers, anything welded, etc..

I am not a business and make stuff I need or want as well as for stress reduction and entertainment. I can assist with that custom part that you can't buy.

I have a good local source for scrap aluminum bar/angle and structural stuff.

JIM

Will you adopt me? WELCOME ABOARD!
Sounds like you can make a frame custom fit for you. Look at the reader's rides section and check out all the possibilities.
Man I wish I had the stuff you have. I have in my mind an old school Schwinn 20 inch low rider with Bannana seat and ape hangers STRETCHED to more than accomidate my body,with a booming system playing "Jungle Boogie" as I roar down the strip mall.

I have been searching the site for a pusher style trailer. The motor could be mounted on a little trailer that mounts with a bar to the seat post. The trailer would push the bike. I designed one a couple of years ago but never built it. A guy on Utube has one with one wheel, chain driven that appears to run very well. I have a 3 hp edger motor with almost no hours on it and pleanty of steel box left over from a trailer tailgate I made so I would only need to buy a clutch, the wheel, sprockets and related hardware to make it. The pusher trailer could be moved from bike to bike in minutes. Has anyone seen or used one like this?

JIM

Thanks all, the third wheel link was what I had in mind. I also have a 8 Hp Honda from a gen set but I don't think I want to die this way. The 3hp should fly and still get 100 mpg+

Next payday it is on!

JIM

Back