Centrif. clutch for vintage whizzers?

chainmaker

Local time
10:57 PM
My bike being sidelined by a broken carb, Ive been adjusting this and that and doing some thinking, is there a cent. clutch out there for the vintage whizzers?

I have a single speed auto clutch. They made single & 2 speed auto clutches. They cost $400 or more for a good one. Sometimes they're on Ebay.

Hi Chainmaker,

What is wrong with your carburetor?

You should be able to get the original manual clutch to work well. Which belt are you using on the primary side of the clutch? I have found the gates AX26 to be too short and difficult to adjust on the vintage bikes.

Have fun,

Not really a problem with the clutch, just was thinking it would be a nice option to gas-n-go. What belt size would you reccomend, I am using the 26.

Hi Chainmaker,

Once the vintage manual clutch is setup correctly it works really well, and has advantages over the automatic vintage clutch. You can slip the manual clutch when pulling hills or dis-enguage when you want to coast. The vintage automatic unit has one-way "dogs" and won't dis-enguage when you want to coast.

The vintage auto clutch units are around but normally cost over $400.00.

The best belt to use is the AX26, however some brands are shorter[Dayco ,Gates, & NAPA].

Have fun,

Back