Centrifgual clutch question

james65

Local time
8:56 PM
I have an engine with a 1 inch shaft, it is a low RPM engine 2K.
I would like to know what centrifugal would work with it. I have ruled out a manual actuated clutch. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• gravely2[1].jpg
    gravely2[1].jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 180
Nice flathead, here you go. Not sure when it engages, but I know it's made for a 3600 rpm engine. You can make it engage faster by spreading the spring coils twisting a flathead screwdriver equally on all of them, or add extra weights to the pad pivot points with washers to make them engage quicker..

Last edited:
Nice flathead, here you go. Not sure when it engages, but I know it's made for a 3600 rpm engine. You can make the springs saggier to make them engage faster (spread the coils twisting a flathead equally on all of them, or add extra weights (washers :p)).
usually they engage at 1600rpm (give or take)
if you want to engage lower, you need to get a lighter spring (possibly one that engages at 1300 rpm for best result for that motor)

I dig your motor choice. Gotta ask what's the HP and who made it? Are ya gonna use it on a motorbike?
Interesting, clutch will mount on the right hand side of the motor

I dig your motor choice. Gotta ask what's the HP and who made it? Are ya gonna use it on a motorbike?
Interesting, clutch will mount on the right hand side of the motor
It is on a good running running bike. However I would like to convert it to centrifugal clutch.
DSCN0777 (2).JPG

Last edited:
usually they engage at 1600rpm (give or take)
if you want to engage lower, you need to get a lighter spring (possibly one that engages at 1300 rpm for best result for that motor)
Will try that first as I have a c-clutch on hand. THX

Back