Centrifugal clutch conversion kit for HT

justin

Is there a way to install a centrifugal clutch on an HT engine? I would imagine putting one on the output shaft would misalign the chain with the wheel sprocket, but what about on the right side of the engine? Or... something. I've got a few ideas, but they are all relatively complex and would require welding, which I can't do, and which the only place I know that does welding WONT do because they say they can't work on something that will most likely kill me. They don't want any liability. <sigh> Like I can sue them when I'm dead. :)

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

spad4me

Are you trying to use a centrifugal clutch because the clutch pull is so hard?

Large Phillipino solved this problem.
My hands were hurting because of the large amount of force needed to pull in a stock Happytime clutch.
The roller pulley that Large Phillipino. invented really works. The clutch pull is gentle on the hand.

Thank You Large Phillipino!

justin

Oh, I already put on the patio door roller. :) It's such an improvement! I wanted to be able to take off from a stop with no pedal.

adamtheha

There is a centrifugal conversion kit, sold on Ebay for about $49, comes with an extra wide crank and everything. I just put one on mine, along with a pull start and voila! Centrifugal clutch!