Centrifugal Centrifugal Clutch in oil

hello MadPC,

Have you checked out the "low oil" circuits on your motor? If the oil level is too low, it will not let your motor start, or possibly only for a very short time. With your engine level then check your oil level. On mine all it took for the low oil shut down to kick in was a rough road! After the first oil change problem solved for me! My motor used a small amount of oil during the break-in which allowed the low oil shut down feature to surprise me! Hope this helps.

Papa

how do u check the low oil circult? I took the carb apart and rebuilt it... if you see the previous pages u'd probably see there is no adjustment for low oil circult...

please explain in detail. Thx!

clutch lube

I popped an e-mail to Grubee a while back about the gearcase and clutch. Here is the reply:

Hi,
>
> I am interested in installing the power control
> gearbox on my bike. The install info on your
> website says to lube the gears with grease before
> closing the box. What would be the best grease for
> this application? Is this the only type of
> lubrication required? Should the gearbox be cleaned
> and relubed at any particular interval?
>
> Thanks,
> Ray Landry

"Use regular bearing gresae available at Auto parts
stores similiar to that used in an ordinary lever type
grease gun; Once a year or if noise is encounter look
inside the gear box. Grease manufactures may have
better suggestions on what to use in your country."

GruBee?china GAS China

Best Regards and Happy Trails
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." - Plato
Don Grube Best Regards and Happy Trails

I have the Starfire kit which comes loaded with grease. I cleaned out about two pounds of what looked like old bacon grease and relubed with EP lithium wheel bearing grease. I had also checked with 'Boy Go Fast' where I bought the kit and he said no liquid oil in gearbox...

Ray

grubee gear box and yours are not the same. Grubee can run in oil, but probably not 1/2 full... I found that putting around 6ml to 8ml of gear oil made my clutch and gears very happy....

Centri clutch in oil

Hi again,

I know that the Starfire and the Skyhawk gearboxes are different from each other. The question I sent to Grubee was about the Skyhawk or power control gearbox. I believe it is the only type of gearbox he is currently marketing. The Skyhawk has no provision that I can see for filling or draining oil and no way of checking to see how much oil is in there to start with. I've really been checking into this a lot and the only source I have found that says to use oil has been blacklisted by Augidog. I don't think that either style of gearbox is supposed to run with oil. So much for the oil versus grease confusion on the 4 cycle kits..... I'm using the grease only approach. I'll certainly let you guys know how this works out.

cruiser66, if u have a Grubee kit and the manual, u will certainly know what I am talking about...
But after so many round of tried, I do recommend putting 6ml to 8ml of gear oil or engine oil into the gear box tho.

you put the oil in via the clutch arm hole as the manual instructed

Like I said MadPC, this is a confusing issue. This is what I mean.....

Go to http://grubeeinc.com/
click on Total Products
click on Skyhawk WS Stage II 4 cycle kit vee mt
Scroll down to Part 5 under DESCRIPTION OF OPERATION

It says, "Lubricate gears with heavy grease before installing cover.".

Part 14 says:

"Spur gears 13, 15, 17 and 19 are lubricated with GREASE for efficient operation and noise reduction. Slight noise may be noticed when first used but will begin to run more quite as the gears begin to wear in. The four ball bearings used on 2 gear shafts and are the sealed type with high temperature grease. Centrifugal clutch 12 is a DRY clutch operation."

The web site is what I based my info on. There is no mention of adding oil to the gearbox. I hope that the info you guys got with your kits is accurate, but I would check things out just to make sure.

Good Luck,
Ray

this is a confusing issue.

That's right, it's so confusing that even Grubee guys are confuse too...

Anyways, I just wanna make my point that the Grubee kit can indeed run in oil, because of the two gaskets provided and the instruction from the manual.

Now, basic on my Grubee users here, they perfer run it dry since it may be slipping the clutch. For me I tried both dry and wet, and I figure lot of grease plus a bit oil is the most perfect solution. Just my personal thought.

Now, quoting the web site and stuff won't help until you actually tried the real thing.

Back