Centrifugal Centrifugal Clutch in oil

Get your manual for your GXH50 and find the section for the low oil shut off . It is an external circuit on the outside of the motor, located on the bottom of the motor. If when you had your bike at a 90 degree angle some of the engine oil may have drained out along with the oil from your gearbox. If so then the low oil circuit will not let the GXH50 run. Its all in the engine / motor manual. There should be instructions in there that shows how to by pass this circuit for testing. Hope this helps,

Papa

man... I can't believe no one has much experience w/ a four strokes here... neither does google search......

Stalling problem still happen......and it's getting worse!

Hi MadPC, I'm reading about your stall problem and I'm not sure if I've already answered this on this thread but I had the same problem - stalling at any speed intermittently and becoming worse. I eventually found that it was the shonky wiring in the horrible quality-faded kill switch which comes with my Grubee kit from Bicycle-engines.com - they use the really bad recent HT kill switches and the wiring at the throttle end is a liability. Try disconnecting it to see if that solves your problem. If so then install a proper US proprietry brand switch. Don't know if this will help you but thought it worth mentioning cos it's not an easy problem to diagnose.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATF in the clutch housing makes a whole lot of sense to me. Even on the 80 and up front wheel drive Chryslers the manual transaxles run ATF. Yes. Manual gear box. Not just the auto transaxle.
Then the type F usually for Ford trannies have a type of "grit" to help with the frictions and steels.
So ATF fluid helps the frictions and steels in the tranny bands lock up. You would think that would do the same for a wet clutch.Even the Dextron 3 has some gripping effect like the type F.
It makes all kinds of sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Large, I agree it makes sense but the reports on this site seem to prove otherwise. I don't think Honda recommend it anywhere and the Huangsheng is the same motor copied by Chinese so they might have recommended it because they don't have a clue and don't know any better.

Back