Centrifugal centrifugal clutch stuck in motor mode no neutral

by the way I did find out what froze the two parts together after awaile ruber shavings from the clutch pads will get inside there are 52 bbs for berings in there and they need to be oiled about every 300 miles or so if you use a gear puller to pull the flyweel off there are 3 holes on the back one drop of oil in each one or a little grease will keep them from freezing up :)

FYI with the centrifugal clutch and the pull start the engine is 6 7/8" wide... the typical wider cranks and shaft (the ones u get from Sick Bike Parts with the jackshaft kit) get you to about 6 5/8", not quite enough.

RE: failure of the centrifugal clutch - those balls are part of a one way bearing that still allows the motor to be started via the standard clutch and rear wheel motion without the centrifugal clutch shoes engaged, but normal centrif clutch action when the motor is running... this one-way likely seized due to the debris you described.

Great information guys, Thanks!

Centrifugal clutches on HT engines aren't really that common yet, so any information is sorely needed!

I will run my HT engine "as is" with the manual clutch for now. When I get wider cranks, I will install the CC kit and see how she runs!

I need help with my centrifigural clutch

HI guys i have a 66/80cc sky hawk 2 stroke engine that im ordering a centrifugal clutch for can u guys give me any idea of how to install it and how exactly it works , thanks very much appreciated.

Do a Google search for:

"Centrifugal Clutch - 48cc, 60cc, 66cc, 80cc - pull-start/pedal-start, 2 stroke"

and also for:

"Lubrication port > Modified Centrifugal Clutch - 48cc, 60cc, 66cc, 70cc, 80cc - pull-start/pedal-start, 2 stroke"

and also for:

"Pull-start, Pullstart, Pull Start, 80cc, 70cc, 66cc, 60cc, 48cc,"

ok im looking them up am i still gunna need to use my manual clutch lever to pull strt the bike or will it work if i just pull on the pull start with a centrifigural clutch

The photos will explain everything, but in short, you will not need to use your manual clutch if the centrifugal clutch is working properly.
Use your pull-start to start the engine or pull in the manual clutch and drop start the engine if you have a single speed drive system.

If using a shift kit, it's just as easy to pedal start the engine as using the pull-start.

The centrifugal clutch needs to be modified to give good reliability, as per the photo tutorial.

thanks for your help when i get it in i shall us the photo tutorial to help me this is my first centrifigural clutch im doing im doing it on my bike before i do it on a customers this way i have it dwon when that time comes thanks for ur help if i have more questions when the time comes i will ask.. i can take my clutch lever off my bike once i put the centrifigural clutch in right and just leave the orginal cluth engaged ?

i can take my clutch lever off my bike once i put the centrifigural clutch in right and just leave the orginal cluth engaged ?

Yes and no

Yes you can take the clutch lever off the bike because it's not needed if the centrifugal clutch is working properly,

and

No you can't take the clutch lever off the bike because there is no way to disengage the centrifugal clutch once it locks up due to lack of lubrication between the crankshaft extension sleeve and the clutch bell, otherwise known as a clutch drum.

For this reason the centrifugal clutch needs to be be modified; allowing lubrication in between the crankshaft extension sleeve and the clutch bell.
Some people make comment that their centrifugal clutch never needs lubrication but that's only because their engine has leaky crankshaft seals, allowing 2-stroke oil to blow by and lubricate the crankshaft extension, which is not how the crankshaft seals should work, for numerous reasons.

If the crankshaft seals are in good condition, you can expect the centrifugal clutch to lock up within 300 kilometers (185 miles) due to lack of lubrication.
A modified centrifugal clutch will last forever if lubricated every 100 kilometers (60 miles).

Back