Centrigugal clutch glitch

Eco Speeder

Local time
7:23 PM
Dear Friends,

The govt. stimulated my personal economy a bit recently so I finally got the conversation kit for belt drive. Hallaluuya!

I've run into an unexpected snafoo with that process though. I got the DE hardware off the motor with unexpected ease. And discovered a wicked long crack in the drive housing that was hidden by the motor.
\

So I've got the motor off and am ready to install the 76mm clutch. Come to find out it needs (2x) bushing/spacers to bolt it on. They are 10mm OD by 8mm ID and I think 9mm long. I spent most of yesterday running up and down the Web in a vain effort to find them. The Milwaukee yellow pages does not have a catagory for "small engines" adding to the frustration. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Will it Fit

I am looking at this kit for centrifugal clutch and pull start http://www.gasbike.net/bike-motor-engine-centrifugal-clutch.html

The question I have is that the cover for the clutch is round and my old clutch cover is in the shape of backwards "C." When I called the company they said that it was meant to fit a Grubee engine. I told him that I didn't have a Grubee engine and he said, "It will fit."

Anyone else have a problem similar to this? I have one of Christopher Hill's 2 stroke engines.....Dan

Christopher Hill? Is this a pocket-bike engine (with the 78mm clutch) or is it a 'happy time' with the manual clutch, that's mounted in-frame?

(the reason I ask is that this thread is in the rack-mount forum.)

Lou, Sorry about that. I just searched the FAQ's for clutch to see who might be having the same problem I was having and posted here. My Christopher Hill engine is a in frame fork mounted engine so I guess it might be the Happy Time engine. I lost the paperwork on the engine.

Lou, isn't "Rack Mounted Drive Trains" the in frame mount like I have?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan said:
Lou, isn't "Rack Mounted Drive Trains" the in frame mount like I have?

No...

'Rack Mount' refers to a mount where the engine is over the rear wheel, (although I've seen one rack mount over the front wheel.) 'Rack' is cycling a term for a luggage carrier, and/or a frame used to support panniers.

'Frame Mount' is the normal location for happy time engines - 'inside' the frame, within the triangle under the top tube, and inside the 'V' formed by the down tube and the seat tube .

Attachments

• bicycle_parts_labeled.jpg
    bicycle_parts_labeled.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Back