Sprockets Chain and sprocket mismatch

willfargo

Local time
5:29 AM
Well the main problem i'm having with these setups is we use these big ol' 415 chains, on normal derailleur sprockets. It causes excess noise and wear on the chains, because it slips to either side of the sprocket teeth. Now, i have found 43t 415 sprockets that i can bolt up on the rear wheel, but my main concern is the drive sprocket on the engine. is there a way to put a 415 size sprocket on the front? i dont know much about dismantling these engines and how to get the crankshaft off or if i need to get it off to remove that sprocket. so here are the 2 questions:
1) does anyone know somewhere that sells a 415 sprocket that would fit? or is there a way to fabricate one on easily.
2) how would we get the old crank off?

or i was to totally just skip all that and use a normal chain, are there any that are very strong and durable at all in comparison to the 415s strength?

Most likly if you have the 415 chain that came with the kit and it is not fitting the front drive sprocket (jumping teeth, binding up) the chain itself is the problem. The kit supplied chain is usally garbage. ihad to replace mine right off since it did not fit right, right out of the box. if there is a little play from side to side it should be okay as long as you have a straight chain line.
IF possible posting pictures of the problem or what your working with would greatly help with solutions.

hmmm,
BOTH of my engines (66 c.c. and 49 c.c. happy times) have 415 front sprockets on them.
a normal bmx chain will not go around the front sprockets on either of my engines.

Back