chain banging into upper support arm?

Cam

Local time
4:18 AM
Hi all i have put togther one of these kids and after i few rides i noticed that the chain was taking paint off the upper support bar above the sprocket from the chain moving sidways i have re tensioned the chain and made sure that tensioer didn't move during the ride by marking points to see if the tension-er slid but it didnt. note im running a rag join mount for the sprocket any ideas on how I could solve the problem of the chain grinding on metal as that will cause the chain to snap.

many thanks

It would be nice to see pictures, is it possible you’re using a dished sprocket? Perhaps you should have it dished the other way. Since we can’t see what’s going on it’s just a guess.

If its a 2 stroke, which probably is. You can use a spring loaded tensioner from the sprocket cover and use the basic design one on upper bar to keep it from rubbing.

here I have put 3 washers to space out the support arm from the sprocket. Also do u think i could mount the chain tensioner upside down pushing the chain away from the top arm. and I am using a dish sprocket .

Back