Chain Breaking

No you need some slack had one brand new chain tear itself to pieces you can move the engine up or down to get slack or eat it need about an inch the tension wheel will pick up on it and keep it in Trac.
Also a bump or just time it could pop your wheel out of yoke at a critical time cause an accident by having too much tension on it.

No you need some slack had one brand new chain tear itself to pieces you can move the engine up or down to get slack or eat it need about an inch the tension wheel will pick up on it and keep it in Trac.
Also a bump or just time it could pop your wheel out of yoke at a critical time cause an accident by having too much tension on it.
Hey, you are a normal person that makes complete sense with every word. Is your account hacked?
I've encountered my axle almost falling off the dropout from tension, torque and a bump. Thank God it only made the wheel go cockeyed and drop the chain. This was only after I started spending money for good chains. I use axle tugs now.

Last edited:
Hey, you are a normal person that makes complete sense with every word. Is your account hacked?
I've encountered my axle almost falling off the dropout from tension, torque and a bump. Thank God it only made the wheel go cockeyed and drop the chain. This was only after I started spending money for good chains. I use axle tugs now.
Can you tell me what axle tugs look like or picture or a link . I do like having a pretty snug chain.Thanks Dan

Also how are you feeling from wreck? I would imagine pretty stiff and sore?

Have a couple cuts and bruises, but the bad thing was my hyper extended elbow (bent backwards). Gonna be a bit before I am fully healed, probably 4-6 months. Axle tugs are normally used to properly tension your chain before you tighten the bolts, and prevents your axle from walking when you tighten the nuts down. But they also prevent your axle from being yanked forward during use.
xiBpT.jpg

I modded a set to use with forward facing diagonal dropouts.

Back