chain broke 2 times!

Yeah I dont have to have the ability to replace broken components so I am forced to rely on hope beyond hope that I dont break both the chains and the electric front wheel, all on the same day, before I can reach the next LBS, or I'll be forced to search high and low to find a nail a brick and small crevice in the kerb. Then remove the damaged section of my chain so I can rejoin it with my quicklinks.

It's all fun and laughs on here, but to be serious for a second, yeah it is worth packing your small adjustable wrench, allen keys, pump, puncture repair kit and a spare inner tube because that stuff is commonly needed mid-ride.

You have to draw a line somewhere though, and we do not generally have problems with chains after getting the initial build correct. šŸ˜‘
It is good to have a bike with reasonably unbreaky components. šŸ™‚

Last edited:
Yeah I dont have to have the ability to replace broken components because I use suitable components. Do I am forced to rely on hope beyond hope that I dont break both chains and the electric front wheel, all on the same day, before I can reach the next LBS. šŸ˜“
Sometimes I'm 6 or 7 hundred miles between bike shops, especially shops that can perform quality work on the components I use and I like doing everything I can for myself. Plus... its apples and orangutans with what you ride and what I ride.

So speaks a smoker.
Dude the op is running a 2 stroke with the chain that comes in the kit most likely and yeah they break!You are replying to post's from smoker's as you say,the issues that arise from kit parts are commonly shared here so that upgrades or way's to improve them can be found!You're so called bike mechanics are wrong and that doesn't surprise me at all since they are there to make the shop money not save you time and money.A press fit once undone and re pressed back into whatever is no longer the same press fit tolerance,ask any REAL mechanic or engineer because last time I checked there is NO such thing as a bicycle mechanic in the real world,you can't take a credited course at you're local collage or receive a certification from any governing body as a real mechanic does ! I've been building bikes,motor bikes,boats,cars and anything small engine related for over 40 and have been certified since 86,you're comment's are ridicules,do you even know what a washing machine motor is? It's sure as s**t doesn't compare to a hub motor as you seem to think,but again to be expected from someone whom knows very little yet likes to spew a bunch of garbage, it's very apparent that knowledge eludes you're reply's!

Dude the op is running a 2 stroke ....blah, blah, blah.
Dude, dude, dude. I don't listen to you anymore. I don't read any of the babble you write, nothing since you threw the 1st tantrum, 1st of several. I rode 70 miles today. Rode, not twist the throttle, and yell wheeeeee... or wear earplugs dude. You obviously don't have any experience with an ebike... sorry that seems to ruffle your skirts so much. When I want to ride a motorcycle I ride my 750 Honda. It's not meant to be an insult but where I ride you can't. Sorry that I think baby motorcycles are silly, they simply can't ride where I go, they stink, pollute, are loud, have short legs, limited range, and can't follow me where I ride that majority of the time. In reality, they should be outlawed... 2-stroke immediately and 4-stroke ASAP, you know... ecosphere and all. If I have somehow bruised your delicate manhood by thinking them silly then that's something you need to talk to your mom about. You can just ignore EVERYTHING I say, it's not meant for you, I'm not speaking to you... well, I am now but won't again in the future. When you see my posts just don't read them, easy! Now go wash the petroleum products off your hands and search "Earplugs" on Goggle. If you're going to ride a lawnmower you should have earplugs in.

Now This is what I'm talking about - https://photos.app.goo.gl/5YvHcT4jLk399jRL6

Last edited:
We are all motorists.
All motors do our hard work for us.
Don't be a motoracist here please. šŸ˜«
Remember we are here to post respectable content to contribute to our hobby and our world, and to help each other to motorise bikes.

Example:
I wont go back to the 410 or larger chains.
I don't believe that the strength was the thing that had kept it from malfunctioning, but rather other factors in its design and my specific system of controlling movement and forces upon it. I decided that it doesn't need to be so burly, for my bike. So I added lightness! šŸ¤©
In support of the Quicklink:

Quicklinks join in a way that slots together and wedges pretty nicely, in my experience.
They are newer technology so some people might not have tried them on any type of bike. They're not intended for a motorised application, but that doesn't mean you cant try.
Quicklinks are only found on modern day market leader modern brand multiple speed chains, so they undeniably have state-of-the-art design, metallurgy and manufacturing techniques.
In my experience they are reliable and last well enough to have a šŸ„³ load of fun or transport (and fun from playing with nice tech) and get real benefit! They have smooth sides and non-protruding pins so they won't catch on anything, like any guides you've built into your chain management system.

Quicklinks are tiny and instantly replaceable. They can be removed with your shoelace. They can be rejoined with no tools. They can be re-joined a few times I believe, but imho unless you are operating some kind of uncommon practices (such as needing to alter the chain length mid-ride to fit alternative sprockets) you don't need to reuse them.
Of course if you fit a multiple speed chain to motorised bicycle there are then other serious concerns that you must address, about lateral flexibility, particularly in hard terrain use. šŸ¤”

Last edited:
Dude, dude, dude. I don't listen to you anymore. I don't read any of the babble you write, nothing since you threw the 1st tantrum, 1st of several. I rode 70 miles today. Rode, not twist the throttle, and yell wheeeeee... or wear earplugs dude. You obviously don't have any experience with an ebike... sorry that seems to ruffle your skirts so much. When I want to ride a motorcycle I ride my 750 Honda. It's not meant to be an insult but where I ride you can't. Sorry that I think baby motorcycles are silly, they simply can't ride where I go, they stink, pollute, are loud, have short legs, limited range, and can't follow me where I ride that majority of the time. In reality, they should be outlawed... 2-stroke immediately and 4-stroke ASAP, you know... ecosphere and all. If I have somehow bruised your delicate manhood by thinking them silly then that's something you need to talk to your mom about. You can just ignore EVERYTHING I say, it's not meant for you, I'm not speaking to you... well, I am now but won't again in the future. When you see my posts just don't read them, easy! Now go wash the petroleum products off your hands and search "Earplugs" on Goggle. If you're going to ride a lawnmower you should have earplugs in.

Now This is what I'm talking about - https://photos.app.goo.gl/5YvHcT4jLk399jRL6
What part of you're replying to GAS BIKE threads don't you get? I don't give a f*** what or where you ride or what you do! I do however care about the s**tty ill informed garbage you spew and will continue to properly inform the folks here so that they can enjoy their ride and not have to sift through the garbage you spew!

So back to the topic lol. Running a lighter single speed chain of better quality will drastically decrease rolling resistance. I honestly use a chain press and seem to not have problems but that's because i have a press and am too lazy to find or go buy a master link or quick link. I think i may pick up a quick link tool and a few of those as well. I've been checking them out since January but after hearing about @FurryOnTheInside experience and success, I'll probably order some tonight.

So back to the topic lol. Running a lighter single speed chain of better quality will drastically decrease rolling resistance. I honestly use a chain press and seem to not have problems but that's because i have a press and am too lazy to find or go buy a master link or quick link. I think i may pick up a quick link tool and a few of those as well. I've been checking them out since January but after hearing about @FurryOnTheInside experience and success, I'll probably order some tonight.
Yeah you should try them, but they only work on the (8 and?) 9 and 10 speed chains they are made for as far as I have discovered.. ?
These are good chains because no protruding pins makes them slick as through the guides you've made to keep them from wriggling side to side.

There isnt a quick link tool. šŸ˜
There is, it's a pair of pliers, specific for them, and completely unnecessary. Dont buy one. I got one, never used it since. String or shoelace works better IME , even at home.

And yes, less mass is less power lost, and also less feeling of bumping and slapping when the road bumps try to upset it, and that doesn't need much strength in the guides because the guides are being hit with such a tiny mass.

Back