Chain drive bike

Bill2032

Local time
11:41 AM
hi my names bill and im 14 ive been looking to put an engine on my bike for ages and i found this aussie made kit called Zbox oh and im looking for a chain drive or belt

http://www.zbox.com.au/

but wanted to know with this kit can i still use my bike as a bike like having the engine engaged to drive and disengaged to pedal but will i be able to still use the gears on my mountain bike so i can go in 1st 2nd and so on also are there anytuned pipes for these as i would love to have more power

oh yeah and wat speeds may i be able to get upto on these things and im looking for something with lots of power but about in the $250-$350 price range

Thanks

Hey Bill,

Are you from Australia, and that is why you're choosing the ZBOX kit?

Since you are a novice, I would not recommend the shifter kit which connects to your multi-speed derailleur. It requires expert bike mechanics and cost too much for you.

My advice to you is to reach the hundreds of questions on this forum that pertain to you and others have asked before you buy anything. It is always wiser and cheaper to learn from others' trials and errors. You will no doubt find a combination that a member here has installed, fine-tuned and critiqued.

Who's paying for this venture, you or your parents? Are they in favor of what you intend to do?

Back