Chain gear wobbles on engaged clutch?

PimpMan

Local time
11:45 PM
I have put on clutch on and locked the lever now turning pedals and looking on the gear that turns chain it has noticable play.

My engine is little sideways so perhaps chain is not 100% straight between wheel sprocket and gear, it could be the reason gear it wobble, or its sign or bad bearing?

Another problem is noise chain makes when riding bicycle with pedal power (i never started engine yet) chain makes loud noise i have set tension and it does not touch the frame i have no clue where noise comes from.

Using spring tensioner for the chain will fix the noise problem?

Your chain needs to be as close to perfectly straight as possible.
But if your output sprocket has noticeable play it it, that is wrong.
I'd take off the chain, and remove the sprocket cover, then see if the retaining nut is even tight.
You may need to pull the sprocket off, be sure the woodruff key is installed, reinstall and tighten the nut.

A new chain can be noisy and a little bindy. It will get better.

But the chain line should be straight and true from the back sprocket to the front, over the tensioner and back to the rear.
Nothing should be the least out of line, or you will have issues, potentially catastrophic.

No, the spring tensioner is a good idea, but it will not quiet the chain. That should come with some lube and wear.

I have put on clutch on and locked the lever now turning pedals and looking on the gear that turns chain it has noticable play.

My engine is little sideways so perhaps chain is not 100% straight between wheel sprocket and gear, it could be the reason gear it wobble, or its sign or bad bearing?

Another problem is noise chain makes when riding bicycle with pedal power (i never started engine yet) chain makes loud noise i have set tension and it does not touch the frame i have no clue where noise comes from.

Using spring tensioner for the chain will fix the noise problem?
Your chain is begging you for lubricant it's the only way it can till you; I'm thirsty oil me, please.

The stupid plastic roller for the tensioner makes noise, especially when it's new.

It might be defective had 1 brand new defective or it might be chain too tight loosen it so it dose not climb over the side walls should be no noise suggest lubricant.

Back