Chain guard

I haven't installed the chain guard yet. Does anyone go without one?
The chain guards that come with the kits are junk, the metal is to thin to begin with and metal fatigue cause it to break on the front of the guard where it is mounted to the motor.

The only time I have seen this different is with the chainguard that comes with the Phantom 85...It is a thicker and heavier chainguard, the kit ones that come with all the other China Girl kits only weigh 5.5 ounces

I use this chainguard instead...bigger, sturdier, and weighs in a a full one pound...thats three times heavier than the standard kits guards.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The chain guards that come with the kits are junk, the metal is to thin to begin with and metal fatigue cause it to break on the front of the guard where it is mounted to the motor.

The only time I have seen this different is with the chainguard that comes with the Phantom 85...It is a thicker and heavier chainguard, the kit ones that come with all the other China Girl kits only weigh 5.5 ounces

I use this chainguard instead...bigger, sturdier, and weighs in a a full one pound...thats three times heavier than the standard kits guards.

That looks like the one I have. I'm at work now, so I can't check it.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That looks like the one I have. I'm at work now, so I can't check it.
It will actually be gray in colour with a pebble finish to it...The only way and only colour they come in...They do not come with the regular Chinese motor kits, you would know right away just by the weight of this versus the cheapo, light weight kit guards that only weigh 5.5 ounces...lol.

Even on my shifter bike I have chain guards.

IMG_20221001_121416.jpg

Back