Chain Guards

Yeah, I use it. Notched it slightly for the rear tire clearance. I also used a longer bolt on the case so I could fit a rubber grommet in the bolt hole slot of the chain guard. My first chain guard broke off there. I hope that dampens some of the vibes there.
That is one thing i still go through every so often is chainguards due to the metal fatigue at the front bolt hole...The metal is so thin even though i reinforce it with heavier steel they still eventually break right there.

These flimsy chainguards weigh only 5.6 ounces, my next replacement one, i just found, weighs in at one pound...im hoping the next time i replace it along, with reinforcing that front mounting hole, will solve the problem for good...lol...DAMIEN

Manufacturer‎ PCC
Item Weight‎ 1 pound
Manufacturer Part Number‎ PCC CG11

Double the cost, but triple the metal...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That is one thing i still go through every so often is chainguards due to the metal fatigue at the front bolt hole...The metal is so thin even though i reinforce it with heavier steel they still eventually break right there.

These flimsy chainguards weigh only 5.6 ounces, my next replacement one, i just found, weighs in at one pound...im hoping the next time i replace it along, with reinforcing that front mounting hole, will solve the problem for good...lol...DAMIEN

Manufacturer‎ PCC
Item Weight‎ 1 pound
Manufacturer Part Number‎ PCC CG11

Double the cost, but triple the metal...lol.
It may be a good application for a polymer unit, PP or PE would take the vibration all day. I may have to hit up one of the 3D printer guys at work.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes, I use chain guards; three total. No danger of them getting into the spokes.

20210704_204846.jpg

20210704_204619.jpg

How did you manage to paint your whole chain and miss two links? :p
Chain came with a baked on paint job. The chain wasn't long enough so I had to get a second chain. The two links are master links with clips; which allows the chain to be removable. The master link that came with the chain isn't a removable one.

Chain came with a baked on paint job. The chain wasn't long enough so I had to get a second chain. The two links are master links with clips; which allows the chain to be removable. The master link that came with the chain isn't a removable one.
I was just teasing. I bet you can find some fingernail polish that matches close and you won't get any more smart alecs like me. It looks good. I have a Schwinn sidewinder about 12 months ago that I got with the hopes of putting an engine on someday. Somehow I got the girl's model :eek:. An engine like yours would work though.

Back