chain hiting tire

billy270

Local time
12:30 PM
ok i have a 26 inch crusier and its not my first bike i have done..... but i know when i put this one to geather it has fat tires so i am shure i will have a problem with the chain hiting the tire i was just woundering how u guys solved that problem....... thinks

I've built two cruisers, one from a old Huffy and one bought at China Mart (WalMart) last year. Had no problems on either one with the chain hitting the tire. I did have a problem on the first one, and that was my first built, and that was where I mounted the engine. It was really too low, and the chain rubbed on the frame. I corrected the issue on the second by mounting the engine higher up in the "V". This required a custom made front engine mount. This was also required for a correct engine to frame fit. Out of 5 builds I haven't seen one frame that a engine would fit correctly, and all had to have a custom front mount. A correct frame for mounting is 75 degrees. http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=1018

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
well i have built 1 so far but worked on many and the 1 i built was an old huffy and it was a perfect fit

bit i had a lil problem i had wight walls and i would have marks where from time to time my chain hit

How about a chain guard that not only covers the outboard side of the chain like a standard one does, but also fits in between the chain and tire?

i know ur trying to help but.... think about it if i do that my chain will hit the metle and make all kinds of noisy

I moved your thread where it will get more answers.
I had the same problem, my solution was to drop tire size. You can move the rear sprocket out but you would have to bend the rear arms for chain clearance.
Search read and search some more the answers are out there already.

Last edited:
Back