chain issues stingray chopper minibike build

nice...
I did initially have it like that... and i had to actually grind down the spring tab on the brake arm because the chain was hitting it.. it was very close but it was working.. but then the chain fell off after about my 10th ride.. and that was when I switched it all up to try to make it better.
this is how it was initially.

20210101_140318.jpg

If your going to run a big motor i do suggest welding a support from the bottom and top at the back occs have a weak point in that area and if you don't strengthen that area they can snap under the weight of us adults and added stress of the engines

and if you can weld a nice piece of flat stock will do and if you can even strengthen up right behind the seat post helps too

View attachment 103981
NICE.. ok ill see what i can do... it scares me at full speed. lol

if you look close, I had to cut the original tube that the seat post went into because the motor wouldnt fit but I welded a tube further back to take its place.

Last edited:
here is the new tensioner i welded on and it seems to be working.

Attachments

• 20210312_101908.jpg
    20210312_101908.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 172
bordering nashua, NH
where you at?
Right now since 2011when i retired, im in Alamogordo, NM...Not far from "Trinity Site" where first atomic bomb was exploded in 1945.

I lived in NH before moving here for about 20 years in Newmarket, Rye, Hampton Beach, North Hampton, Dover and Rochester.

Born and brought up in Mass. Southie boy here, as in South Boston...lol...DAMIEN

You must be around the Lowell, Pepperell, Groton area...My family used to have a summer place on Lost Lake in Groton...we sold that back in 1969...DAMIEN

You must be around the Lowell, Pepperell, Groton area...My family used to have a summer place on Lost Lake in Groton...we sold that back in 1969...DAMIEN
that I am !!!.. I used to ride along the coast on 1A to Rye all the time.. that road was fun to ride.

that I am !!!.. I used to ride along the coast on 1A to Rye all the time.. that road was fun to ride.
Small world isn't it...You never know who you will meet in the forums...lol...Hope if ever you were ever arrested that i wasn't the one that did it...I was formerly a LT. Police Constable of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, up to 1989 when i retired from that and spent the next 20 years in automotive...lol...DAMIEN

Back