Chain keeps busting

I see that you are in Florida, what are you doing about RS-68 the new law......In this area either the cops are not yet aware of it or are not enforcing it....

that pic of the master link is correct - think of that gap in the clip as the tail of a fish - no matter where it is in the chain run, the tail should be the back end in the direction of movement

as required by NHRA rules at the drags, that clip can be replaced by a bit of safety wire wrapped around each of the link pins

I see that you are in Florida, what are you doing about RS-68 the new law......In this area either the cops are not yet aware of it or are not enforcing it....

thanks for bringing that up ive been looking for that like crazy . i just printed out the form im going over it after work lol

I haven't really payed attention to the new law..ill check it out.
the 2 chains that busted on my buyers had the link installed like (fast bike motors)
I think the chains busted because its a common problem and that's why they sell heavy duty chains

In my lifetime Ive had many new things break on me and we all have had this happen to us. There are people out there that have been hit by lightning twice..and people who have hit lotto twice. In this case...a lady bought a new motorized bike and had the chain bust on her ..brought her another bike and that one busted too.

It happens..Fabian ..you make it sound like these bike motors are made perfect.

I haven't had one problem yet with the Fixie Thruster bikes I build..maybe the Huffy Cranbrooks just have bad allignment

as for the new law..the cops in my town watch me ride by them as they sip their coffee.

the 2 chains that busted on my buyers had the link installed like (fast bike motors)
I think the chains busted because its a common problem and that's why they sell heavy duty chains

In my lifetime Ive had many new things break on me and we all have had this happen to us. There are people out there that have been hit by lightning twice..and people who have hit lotto twice. In this case...a lady bought a new motorized bike and had the chain bust on her ..brought her another bike and that one busted too.

I haven't had one problem yet with the Fixie Thruster bikes I build..maybe the Huffy Cranbrooks just have bad allignment[/QUOTE]

So you installed the chain master link clip and are blaming the failure on the instructions.

I have never had a chain fail at the masterlink, and have never had a master link clip seperate from the masterlink - heavy duty chain or not.

In this case...a lady bought a new motorized bike and had the chain bust on her ..brought her another bike and that one busted too.

Since when is it the fault of the purchaser that the assembler isn't responsible for his assembly process?

With the crowded needle roller big end bearing and the Jaguar CDI, these engines are surprisingly reliable.

Well if you are all motorized bicycle geniuses..why havent you diagnosed the problem? what causes the chain to snap off? youre all sitting back claiming i did poor work on the bike? so what would you have done different? the chain was on tight..link C clip on correct

Only thing left is the idler pulley? which I had on the chain tight.

I am just now learning from someone who posted.. that the pulley can be adjusted by swapping the wheel and flipping it reversed..

Really? and how was I to know this? its not in the book..its no where stated in youtube ..

doing trickks with the pulley ? thats like looking at someones invention( like my Rock Jaw) and say wow..why didnt i think of that ? How easy! ..Id be selling thousands of those like the inventor if i thought of that!

Last edited:
how was I to know this? its not in the book..its no where stated in youtube ..

The thing is you are "selling" these bikes, so you have no choice but to know.
If you don't know what's going on then you shouldn't be selling bikes.

More than once i have been asked to create motorised bicycles for people but i simply refuse because there is no way that i can guarantee Honda reliability, nor can these bikes remain reliable unless daily maintenance is carried out by a competent (mechanically inclined) person with proven levels of mechanical aptitude.

Back