Chain lock up did something unexpected

fast3fifty

Local time
9:35 AM
Most everyone who rides a motorized bicycle has experienced their chain locking up in the upper portion of the engine block and the top of the drive gear, I myself have more than once, but the last time it happened, (a couple of weeks ago), the chain actually locked up from getting wedged between the drive gear and the front of said gear, breaking or busting the wall if you will, that seperates the magneto and drive gear, shrapnel ended up going into my magneto Wich actually caused the engine to instantly sieze up an stop running, after walking it two miles back home, I was able to see what exactly happened and was able to clean out the debris and get it running again, I was not expecting to see this, and was just wondering if another has heard of this, or has had it happen? Thanks for any and all responses.

I've heard it happens quite often, & can destroy your engine. It could be from to much chain slack. They make a case protector that bolts in there to help combat against chain lockup, but I've never used one. I run better chain that most people I believe, that most dont want to spend the cash on. I'll run my chain once for seat in/stretch, readjust & dont touch again for a long time.

Most everyone who rides a motorized bicycle has experienced their chain locking up in the upper portion of the engine block and the top of the drive gear, I myself have more than once, but the last time it happened, (a couple of weeks ago), the chain actually locked up from getting wedged between the drive gear and the front of said gear, breaking or busting the wall if you will, that seperates the magneto and drive gear, shrapnel ended up going into my magneto Wich actually caused the engine to instantly sieze up an stop running, after walking it two miles back home, I was able to see what exactly happened and was able to clean out the debris and get it running again, I was not expecting to see this, and was just wondering if another has heard of this, or has had it happen? Thanks for any and all responses.

Use the anti chain lock up device on it. You just drill 2 holes and install the piece.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

Use the anti chain lock up device on it. You just drill 2 holes and install the piece.
Just an excuse for not properly maintaining your chain. And besides, if your sloppy chain gets stuck in there it's really stuck.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back