Chain Noise

I asked my local bikeshop, and they don't have the Z510H. They do have Z410MP(regular) and K415h (oversize). He says oversize is HD. Would either of these work, or should I continue to look for the Z510H?

the Z510H is much narrower than the chain that comes with the kits
not only is it stronger, it solves a lot of clearance probs
unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be on bikenashbar's site any more (must be why I got it so cheap !)
the full make/model is KMC Z510H (brown) Z510HX (silver)
if I need another chain in future, I will find it elsewhere
the 415H is same size as comes with the kit, but is stretchproof...it will work fine

I found another shop in town that has a 1/2 x 1/8" Pin Length: 9.4mm, which is the same size as the Z510H. He had no clue about the term Z510H, but thinks that the chain he has is solid. I thought all along the stock chain was too big, heavy and noisy, so I would like to find a reliable alternative. I will give this one a try unless I can find the exact Z510H. Thanks Azkronic.

I have been using the KMC 415 bike chain for all my bikes. It is very smooth and quiet, I havn't really noticed any stretch at all! Thanks for that tidbit azkronic makes me feel good about my decision to run this chain. BTW all 400+ miles and about 800 miles have been ridden on this bike chain with Zero problems.

I might try the 510 chain someday...

all good
we're here to help !!!
(I watch too many cartoons with granddaughters...Koala Brothers :LOL:)

Last edited:
Chinese "415 heavy duty chain"

Hi all, the plates, rollers, and pins are all soft on this chain I NEVER use them, and in addition, I spec'd all MY kits to be imported with BICYCLE sized primary sprockets, we use KMC chrome Cruiser bike chain, with wonderful results.

Mike

081, 415, bmx chain? which engine sprockets work?

I have a 70cc ebay(fastboy) kit on a greenline cruiser bike. I bought a 1/2" x 1/8" bmx chain to reduce the chain noise. It fit around the rear sprocket fine, but not on the engine. I started grinding down the width of the engine sprocket teeth, but it still doesnt fit well. So my options are return to the 415 chain and buy a new replacement sprocket from thats dax... or buy the sprocket and the 081 chain.

Does anyone have experience using the 081 chain? I'm curious if it will stretch like the 415, be as noisey as the 415, and if it will work with the sprocket on dax's website.

Azkronic, did you have to machine your engine sprocket to get the chain to fit. Seems like a few have had to do that. I got my chain, but have not put it on yet.

Back