Chain Popping Off

A chain coming off is almost always due to poor alignment or bad tension. Either the sprocket is wobbling, or its not on the same plane as the engine. Check to make sure it's tensioned perfectly as well. Even the cheapest 415 china chain will work perfectly and endlessly if adjusted correctly

To check your chain for damage lay the chain on a table or flat surface and grasp both ends and push and pull the ends towards each other and apart, if you get movement check small sections at a time till you find the damage. I worked a industrial job for most of my career and that's how we found damaged conveyor chain.

To check your chain for damage lay the chain on a table or flat surface and grasp both ends and push and pull the ends towards each other and apart, if you get movement check small sections at a time till you find the damage. I worked a industrial job for most of my career and that's how we found damaged conveyor chain.
A chain coming off is almost always due to poor alignment or bad tension. Either the sprocket is wobbling, or its not on the same plane as the engine. Check to make sure it's tensioned perfectly as well. Even the cheapest 415 china chain will work perfectly and endlessly if adjusted correctly
You should post up some pics of your ride so we can try to help better
Thanks Everyone for the help, I have fixed the problem, it was due to a bad chain. After fixing the alignment withe the rear sprocket, engine mounts, and tensioner we decided to go with a new chain that fixed the problem immediately after we put it on. The chain I went with was a KMC 415 Bmx chain I believe. Now I just have to adjust the Idle and it will work great again. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Make sure you have your sprocket tight because the torque will rip the rods from your wheel and it will keep falling off. Just remember these bicycles were never made to have a motor on it so it won't be perfectly aligned.

Back