Chain problems, ALWAYS chain problems

I’m trying a new sprocket tomorrow, I’ll try rebolting the motor up as well and try to center it.
Now your on the right track. I can see the problem motor position will need to be modified slightly. If you enlarge photo 9EB1 you can see chain binding near motor where it's trying to make a hard left turn to get on the drive sprocket. Look closely chain links starting to pull apart side to side in the turn. I can tell just looking at engine case. Reason: exaust pipe and carb clearance with bike frame right? You can do this take your time, take exaust off motor out take engine mounts off block till only studs are left. Now just hold motor in both hands and hold it where you had it now tilt motor back towards seat post. Now move motor forward a little and watch how it changes exhaust and carb clearances look at chain to engine case clearance you can use a string line you'll need it to check sprocket alignment. You may end up putting it back where it was. I want you to see there are a lot of variations. Try some new positions. Now walk away think on it a few days go back play with it. Take your time, do it right. Don't be afraid to ask if you don't know. There are plenty of us old geezers here to answer questions and advise you.

Now your on the right track. I can see the problem motor position will need to be modified slightly. If you enlarge photo 9EB1 you can see chain binding near motor where it's trying to make a hard left turn to get on the drive sprocket. Look closely chain links starting to pull apart side to side in the turn. I can tell just looking at engine case. Reason: exaust pipe and carb clearance with bike frame right? You can do this take your time, take exaust off motor out take engine mounts off block till only studs are left. Now just hold motor in both hands and hold it where you had it now tilt motor back towards seat post. Now move motor forward a little and watch how it changes exhaust and carb clearances look at chain to engine case clearance you can use a string line you'll need it to check sprocket alignment. You may end up putting it back where it was. I want you to see there are a lot of variations. Try some new positions. Now walk away think on it a few days go back play with it. Take your time, do it right. Don't be afraid to ask if you don't know. There are plenty of us old geezers here to answer questions and advise you.
Good luck with this reply to @lazar26...He hasn't been seen or heard from since Apr 4, 2021.

The quote from him your using was posted Jan 27, 2021...Every post has a date code on it in the hopes that folks don't dig up King Tut's bones...lol.

Back