Chain question?

Carl Walichnowski

Local time
1:56 PM
Ok I was just looking through older threads and found an interesting one that spoke about chain strengths and what's the best considering it's strength and weight. In the thread it showed two diagrams which I'll attach. In both diagrams it refers to a #41 chain. What I'd like to know is can I use this #41 on my motorized bike?? I already have a roll of it, a bunch of connecting links and a breaker so I'd love if it'll be able to work. I've heard people using a 410, 415 & a 415H but never heard any mention of a 41, is it doable?? Thx

Ok I was just looking through older threads and found an interesting one that spoke about chain strengths and what's the best considering it's strength and weight. In the thread it showed two diagrams which I'll attach. In both diagrams it refers to a #41 chain. What I'd like to know is can I use this #41 on my motorized bike?? I already have a roll of it, a bunch of connecting links and a breaker so I'd love if it'll be able to work. I've heard people using a 410, 415 & a 415H but never heard any mention of a 41, is it doable?? Thx
ChainGuide.jpg

So the #41 chain is wider than the 415 or 410 sizes!

IMG_0774.jpg
(I forgot to add the diagrams) Yea I see that it's wider but putting the 41 up against the 415 it's not that much off. It's wider but can I still use it?

Last edited:
(I forgot to add the diagrams) Yea I see that it's wider but putting the 41 up against the 415 it's not that much off. It's wider but can I still use it?
If it clears the case going around the drive gear then sure most guys want to go the other way and run the 410 its lighter any mass removed from the drive line means gains in usable power!

Yea I will get the best chain asap, a link on my 415 was damaged so while waiting on a new chain I figured I could keep riding with the #41, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't screw anything up. What chain do you use on your MB? Do you use the 410?

Yea I will get the best chain asap, a link on my 415 was damaged so while waiting on a new chain I figured I could keep riding with the #41, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't screw anything up. What chain do you use on your MB? Do you use the 410?
What I'd like to do is simply go to one of the local bike shops and buy a chain from there, would they have one for a motorized bike & if so what #? Either the bike shop or how about a local dirt bike dealer? I'll call or stop by and ask but what's the best chain that's typically available, I need a name and/or #???

What I'd like to do is simply go to one of the local bike shops and buy a chain from there, would they have one for a motorized bike & if so what #? Either the bike shop or how about a local dirt bike dealer? I'll call or stop by and ask but what's the best chain that's typically available, I need a name and/or #???
I dont use the 410 chain but I modd the crap out of my own engines and like the thicker teeth on the gears just personal preference but the 410 is also the one bicycle shops will have on hand you wont find many places that cary the 415 or even the #41 !

I dont use the 410 chain but I modd the crap out of my own engines and like the thicker teeth on the gears just personal preference but the 410 is also the one bicycle shops will have on hand you wont find many places that cary the 415 or even the #41 !
Other than tractor supply Co, but apparently people use the 410 from the bike shop and it works fine, interesting to know that since they probably have better quality chain than the mystery meat China sells to basically every vendor that we know of...

KMC HD 410 is what I use on my shifters with few issues.
#41 chain on an MB will work but way overkill.

Back