Chain Rubbing Rear Tire

Robert1969

Local time
11:38 PM
The wife purchased me a StingRay for Christmas. I am assuming all these have the wide rear tires. The chain is rubbing on the tire and the guy that built it said that is normal. Well I road it and it shave the side wall down to the threads. Returned it the guy she purchased it from and he said he adjusted it. It is still on the tire and feel I will continue to have problems. Is it normal for the chain to rub the tire or am I getting the run around. I am mechanically inclined and I don't think this is correct. Can post pictures if need be. Thanks!!

The wife purchased me a StingRay for Christmas. I am assuming all these have the wide rear tires. The chain is rubbing on the tire and the guy that built it said that is normal. Well I road it and it shave the side wall down to the threads. Returned it the guy she purchased it from and he said he adjusted it. It is still on the tire and feel I will continue to have problems. Is it normal for the chain to rub the tire or am I getting the run around. I am mechanically inclined and I don't think this is correct. Can post pictures if need be. Thanks!!
Welcome to MotoredBikes.com
Do you have a motor on this bike? is the motor chain rubbing on the tire?
The chain should not rub the tire and that's not normal. Post some pic please.
Many members have Stingrays and I'm sure we'll have a solution for you.

How wide is the rim? Most normal rims you can go to a smaller width tire. Dunno maybe you have 1 of those 4in wide rims. Eyeball the sprocket from the rear and make sure it's lined up straight to the sprocket on the tranny, long straight broom stick helps. If it isn't straight you need to fix that 1st.

You could reverse the wheel sprocket sometimes that works. I made a shimthat slides on the wheel hub than bolt the spoken to that with your sprocket bolts. It worked great for me .

Back