Chain rubs tire on HS 4 stroke frame mount

dougsr.874

Local time
7:01 PM
The only solution I can come up with is a more narrow tire (which I dont want to do), or demount the engine and drill more holes in the mount so the engine will set farther away from the tire....but this also means redoing the rear sprocket which I already have dished out....kit is installed on a Walmart Schwinn Point Beach....rear tire is 2.125.....HELP...I have an older bike with the same kit and same bike that has enough clearance....I can't understand the difference...

It's frame design and hub dimension differences between one bike and another. Did you try flipping the sprocket dish to the OUTSIDE? Do you know how to true a wheel? If so, you can 'dish' the rear wheel to the right which will move the tire over and gain you clearance. If you don't know, it isn't hard to learn and should be learned. Many bicycle sites offer on-line instruction on wheel building/truing. If you don't want to go that route, take the back wheel off and take it to a bike shop and let them do it. Just tell them what you want to do and open your wallet!
OK, unfair. Most bike shops are good folks. I just hate to spend $$ on something I can do or learn for myself.

Sites to check:
Harris cyclery
Park Tools

Back