chain rubs tire, other first build probs

kraash

Local time
5:24 PM
so im getting close but now i just got done cutting out the fender and the chain is tuching the side of the tire.. how do i get around this.. theres no way to space the sprocket out becuase its tight on the spokes =(

is your sprocket dished???
if so, face the dish out
I have seen people use washers between the rag-joint rubber and the sprocket as well

is your sprocket dished???
if so, face the dish out
I have seen people use washers between the rag-joint rubber and the sprocket as well

Agree on the washer, also check the angle in the axle slot, if you are just a little bit "off" on the left side of the axle, it slants the forward part of the tire to the left/toward that chain.

If you loosen the axle nuts and realign it a tad, that might geterdun...and when you are happy with the final axle position, put some fingernail polish on the axle threads, so they won't work loose on the worst of the bumpy roads.

thanks ill start with these tips and see what happens.. ill try and post some pics to

my chain is also eating up sidewal real fast, my sprocket is dished so i think im going to switch it so the dish faces out as well. I also put the bolts in wrong (and ground off the excess) so i will redo that the right way. First ride went great!

Thanks for following up kraash, that's what makes this place work (sort of like Car Talk's "Stump the Chump"), where everybody shares what works, even us unfamiliarites.

Back