Chain Sprocket HELP needed

Hodakaguy

Local time
12:27 PM
I have built a gas bike using a 49cc pocket bike engine with gear reduction and pull start. Everything came together fine until.... I went to put the chain on and found my rear srpocket adapter is for 41 chain and the drive on the engine is.... smaller! Is there any 415/41 sprocket i can put on this engine and where can I find one!

You're talking about the rear sprocket mounted on the rear wheel, right? 41T sprockets are available, but mostly out of stock on many web sites. I ordered one and got totally ripped off by BicycleMotorWorks (never received my order). Bicycle-Engines has 9 hole 36T, 44T, 48T, and 56T sprockets. Again, are you looking for a 9 hole, rear wheel mount sprocket?

He's not talking teeth number but he is talking chain size. I'm thinking his pocket bike may be #35. I'm sure there has to be at least pocket bike sprockets and chains available that might work for this application. A place that sells repair parts for farm machinery may have what you need as well.

I was referring to the counter shaft sprocket/drive sprocket NOT the rear sprocket

Attachments

• ffffffffffffffffffffffffddddddddddddddddd.jpg
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffddddddddddddddddd.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 158
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This is the engine I am using
I've always wondered why more builds aren't based off of this engine.... I know it's a pocket-bike engine, have you tried to locate a pocket bike sprocket and chain to fit on the rear wheel? It might be easier than refitting the countershaft sprocket...?

The output sprocket for a cag engine (pocket bike) is attached to the clutch bell and usually only 6-9 tooth in a #25h chain pitch, there is no secondary shaft it's connected directly to the crank unless you use a gear box. You could have any gear pitch sprocket welded to the clutch bell if needed or the output shaft of a gearbox, just be aware that heavier chains and bigger wheels are much harder to turn and you will go through clutches and the bells much more frequently.

The output sprocket for a cag engine (pocket bike) is attached to the clutch bell and usually only 6-9 tooth in a #25h chain pitch, there is no secondary shaft it's connected directly to the crank unless you use a gear box. You could have any gear pitch sprocket welded to the clutch bell if needed or the output shaft of a gearbox, just be aware that heavier chains and bigger wheels are much harder to turn and you will go through clutches and the bells much more frequently.
The countershaft sprocket that came on it is 13 teeth. I may have found my solution. I have a Yamaha sprocket BUT the center is too large. So, I am going to machine the center out of the Yamaha sprocket to fit over the sprocket that cam on the pocket bike engine then tig weld them together. I will post pictures when its done

Back