chain tensioner - chinesium design, any fix?

I am still looking for that video about chain adjustment through the rear engine mount. Save me the trouble and lemme know if you understand what I am trying to describe.

It would be pretty cool to have a rear engine mount that adjusted in an easy way so you can tension your chain... just an idea you fabricators
Karl snarl does it that way I think...

Here you go. This is not the video and it also does not describe this to adjust the chain tension... but it is the same thing for a different application (fixing frame pedestal breakage issues)

Damien has no tensioner... Some close up pictures if you ask him probably explain how he got it done

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220425-150312.png
    Screenshot_20220425-150312.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 130
You've already seen any pics I have ever taken or had taken of my bike...lol.
🤣 What happened to your bike? Some dirt get on it? A close up of the rear mount... I'm guessing you stacked some shims to tension the chain and keep the wheel centered in the frame...

I'm guessing you stacked some shims to tension the chain and keep the wheel centered in the frame...
I only stretched the frame by about half an inch for the purpose of being able to fit the rear disk brake rotor so it was not touching the frame...To retain the stretch, I used a spare axle nut placed between the disk rotor and the inside of the drop down...Other than that, I just took out all the extra links on the chain to fit...Lining it up was zero problem as I postioned the motor high enough with my custom made front motor mount.

The CNC mount... I'd be curious about what is demensions compared to your mount... The problem is the motor is made for a 75° V and no bike has that... Mabe an old Russian bike...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220425-162753.png
    Screenshot_20220425-162753.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 101
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back