Chain Tensioner Chain Tensioner, Fuel Mix, and Other Questions

Adjusting the tensioner wheel into place correctly and running my bike for 5-10miles with the 32:1 mix helped to fix any weirdness I was feeling earlier. I also did the "silence" trick using some heater hose and its a wee bit quieter on the high pitched noises now too. Looking to install my boost bottle tomorrow as well! Thanks for your help guys, though I am still a little confused about the whole fuel evaporation. It does get kind of annoying having to wipe down the tank every day due to streaks of fuel evaporatin and running down the sides.

You may need a new......

If you have fuel sweating at your tank filler neck, it may be that you need a newer style fuel cap. Look at yours.. Is your gas cap sawed off and short? or is it the newer longer style cap ? Take a look and see. Enjoy the ride..

My gas cap doesn't appear to be sawed short. Would a different cap make any difference? I've noticed that th sweating only happens when my bike is sitting around in the boiling Tucson sun. Not exactly the most surprising circumstances. :)

Back