Chain Tensioner help needed

Beemer

Local time
2:07 PM
Hello,

I recently built an 80cc bike out of the box. I decided to replace the tensioner with the one pictured. I bought the aftermarket tensioner from Gasbike.net for 35 bucks. Unfortunately it did not come with any instructions at all and I'm a little green with this and have an issue with the tensioner:

This issue is that it comes with a ball bearing. For the life of me I cannot figure out where to put that lilttle bugger. Can someone help me out with the installation of this type of tensioner?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 4243_large_c7183b5a-c264-4938-bc64-685f58766e2c_large.jpg
    4243_large_c7183b5a-c264-4938-bc64-685f58766e2c_large.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 227
Hold on... I don't want anyone to spend time on this -- I know have valuable time is! I was poking around the different threads and found one from a guy that had the same problem as me. From that I believe that the bearing gets put behind the bucking bar... so a total of 2 of them goes in there. If this is not true I's sure appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Hold on... I don't want anyone to spend time on this -- I know have valuable time is! I was poking around the different threads and found one from a guy that had the same problem as me. From that I believe that the bearing gets put behind the bucking bar... so a total of 2 of them goes in there. If this is not true I's sure appreciate some guidance. Thanks!
The ball bearing is to take out the slack on the clutch lever as this part fits between the engine case and the cover plate that has the lever arm in it.

The bearing goes in the hole then the bucking bar goes in the hole then the cover goes on. 1 bearing only bucking bar rides on the clutch cam lever.

Is there any chance you could post a picture of where the ball goes? I don't think I understand the description above.
Joined 2013. Funny s**t bro. I use to have a pic. of it, but I stuck it in the hole between the bar and the round thing.

The ball goes underneath the "bucking bar", which is underneath the cover. The clutch arm pushes in on it. It is in the center or the gear. It can be pulled out easily. Drop the ball bearing into the hole and reinstall the shaft. The ball bearing acts as a spacer to increase the length of the shaft. DO NOT place the ball bearing under the cover . It will destroy the case cover. It must be dropped into the hole and the round stock shaft replaced on top of it.

Back