Chain tensioner necessity

G Morbid S F

Local time
6:32 AM
Could I simply remove the tensioner and remove as many links of my chain necessary for it not to fall off my sprocket? I’ve had two tensioner so far. One was the original that came with my kit and the second was one that attaches to the motor itself neither function correctly.

Could I simply remove the tensioner and remove as many links of my chain necessary for it not to fall off my sprocket? I’ve had two tensioner so far. One was the original that came with my kit and the second was one that attaches to the motor itself neither function correctly.
This is mine after doing what you are now wanting to do and it works just great, one less thing to go wrong...lol...Take note of the chain with no tensioner...Both the drive chain and the pedal chain are custom fit to length...DAMIEN

IMG_0348.jpg
DAMIEN

For real I've taken up this hobby like you wouldn't believe and I'm trying to get good. Right now I'm so frustrated I'm just out walking
Thats what we volunteers are here for...Don't hesitate to ask questions and for help when you feel like your hitting a wall with your head...lol...Many folks here a real good at this stuff...lol...DAMIEN

HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEH...Too damn funny...lol...DAMIEN

Thats what we volunteers are here for...Don't hesitate to ask questions and for help when you feel like your hitting a wall with your head...lol...Many folks here a real good at this stuff...lol...DAMIEN
I think I try to take on too many projects at one time. These are two projects I've got going on right now. My big thing that's frustrating me right now is chain separation! Y'all have or do you have that problem

Attachments

• IMG_20210504_185843.jpg
    IMG_20210504_185843.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 140
I think I try to take on too many projects at one time. These are two projects I've got going on right now. My big thing that's frustrating me right now is chain separation! Y'all have or do you have that problem
I'll take a picture when I get back to my shop. I'm really wanting to get into the belt drives. But I am such a noob to all this it's freaking nuts

Back