Chain tensioner necessity

I think I try to take on too many projects at one time. These are two projects I've got going on right now. My big thing that's frustrating me right now is chain separation! Y'all have or do you have that problem

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_132749.jpg
    IMG_20210605_132749.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 135
Could I simply remove the tensioner and remove as many links of my chain necessary for it not to fall off my sprocket? I’ve had two tensioner so far. One was the original that came with my kit and the second was one that attaches to the motor itself neither function correctly.
I am new but on my fat tire I sometimes use the spring tensioner. That's usually when I'm just on the beach in sand. But when I took mine off the bike was so much quieter when I pedaled

I'll take a picture when I get back to my shop. I'm really wanting to get into the belt drives. But I am such a noob to all this it's freaking nuts
Not sure by what you mean by "chain separation", however since thats what your now working with lets work with chains and proper alignment, length etc. etc...Put belt drives on a back burner for now since they have there own series of difficulties to deal with...DAMIEN

Not sure by what you mean by "chain separation", however since thats what your now working with lets work with chains and proper alignment, length etc. etc...Put belt drives on a back burner for now since they have there own series of difficulties to deal with...DAMIEN
I have spent so much time getting my cruiser aligned perfect. I can go and go and go and never have any troubles with it. But the chain literally are separating on me not lengthwise but with wise each individual link is separating on itself. And yes I learned very quick that alignment and taking my time is everything

I have spent so much time getting my cruiser aligned perfect. I can go and go and go and never have any troubles with it. But the chain literally are separating on me not lengthwise but with wise each individual link is separating on itself. And yes I learned very quick that alignment and taking my time is everything
Im assuming your working with a typical Chinese 415 chain...i would just buy a new one and replace that troublesome pos...DAMIEN

This is one I'm getting ready to weld tomorrow. I'm going to make a stretched fat tire I'm on the east coast and I can't find any Cali stretched

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_141021.jpg
    IMG_20210612_141021.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20210612_182217.jpg
    IMG_20210612_182217.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 130
My treasure runs great and then it'll start taking and all my chains seem to be doing this

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_235929.jpg
    IMG_20210612_235929.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20210612_235822.jpg
    IMG_20210612_235822.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 143
Sorry I use speak to text so I can keep doing things with my hands and I forget to proofread sometimes

Back