Chain tensioner problem

chain

Local time
2:54 AM
Hey so not sure about this but my chain hits the motor mount when it's at the proper
tension so I mounted it so it pulls the chain down (on the bottom ) and it keeps
the chain from hitting the mount . Is this a fix or a F@#% up ?

never seen that - are you sure your motor is straight in the frame?

a pic would be good

yea it seams pretty darn straight so I didn't know if it was a normal problem . I'll try to get a pic

IMG_1622.jpg

OK, that looks like it will run fine - seems your frame requires the motor MUCH higher than usual. One nice thing is that now your chain can never push the tensioner into the spokes.

Can you slide your hub adapter over to give more clearance or will the chain rub on the bottom chain stay?

Is your motor tilting to the left?

The way you have the tensioner is fine but I don't understand why your chain
is hitting the rear motor mount.

Your photo is good but doesn't show where the problem is.

Sight down the chain line from the back to see if it is straight.

Also putting a slight twist in the tensioner so that the wheel is not at an angle
to your chain helps.

IMO you need to lower the motor in the frame....the position of the carb needs to be somewhat level and its not according to the pix...tht should also fix the chain problem

Hey thanks . No I tried sliding it as far over as I can . There just ain't a lot of room in this frame and
the down tube is really thick . I'm going to fab a different motor mount but it works as is for now

one day I'll learn how to answer back correctly !!ha Reply with quote i guess

Back