Chain/Tire Clearance

CENTURION

Local time
9:47 AM
Looking at my clearance on 26 X 2.125 tires, there's only about another .125 or less to go up on tire width without rubbing the chain. Any tricks on going up on tire width to avoid this? (other than a jack shaft).

Looking at my clearance on 26 X 2.125 tires, there's only about another .125 or less to go up on tire width without rubbing the chain. Any tricks on going up on tire width to avoid this? (other than a jack shaft).
If you know how to make an offset mount, that would get you there. Basically two muffler clamps and two small plates of steel. On the rear mount, be careful not to interfere with the chain.

The Schwalbe 26 X 2.5 Big Ben's fit very good, a nice upgrade over the 26 X 2.125 cruiser tires. These are also e-bike rated as well, very good ride and grip.(y)

Attachments

• TIRE1.jpg
    TIRE1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 83
  • TIRE2.jpg
    TIRE2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 91
The Schwalbe 26 X 2.5 Big Ben's fit very good, a nice upgrade over the 26 X 2.125 cruiser tires. These are also e-bike rated as well, very good ride and grip.(y)
Are you running stock width rims to run the big Ben's or did you have to get wider width rims? I've been wanting to try a set if I didn't have to buy rims.

Are you running stock width rims to run the big Ben's or did you have to get wider width rims? I've been wanting to try a set if I didn't have to buy rims.
Just put them on the stock rims, this bike had the larger cruiser type wheels. I have the Apple's on the Bayside bike, it had narrower rims and those tires worked great on that rim.

Back