Chain wont line up

Manic's hub is a rocksolid unit and the best investment you can make, though with all things mechanical what happened could happen to anybody, and now you've gained some more experience in reguards to chain related issues..Now someone else may come across this series of posts and use it to there benefit. We have all been there DSCN1952.jpg...peace out

Yes ! I'm the lousy builder on this forum..because I sold a lady a bike with a maniac sprocket that was torqued down with alen key and plyers and it got loose after 30 miles.
Lets not blame Maniac for their product.
Bring out the nails and cross and lets have me crucified.

The manic mechanic sprocket adapter is tried and tested, everyone who's ever had a problem either didn't tighten it enough, didn't use thread locker, or didn't align the sprocket with the engine.

Yes ! I'm the lousy builder on this forum..

That doesn't use Loctite/thread lock on vital components subject to high levels of vibration.

Lets not blame Maniac for their product.

Lets not, because Manic makes excellent products.

Bring out the nails and cross and lets have me crucified.

No one is crucifying you, though you have provided the nails and hammer and the cross, and a willingness to affix yourself to it.
More than one of us are standing back, trying to work out how to get the hammer out of your hands because we don't want to see you injure yourself or others.

Fabian..you do realize i am a beginner at building bikes correct?
Im not going to know every mechanic trick in the book on my own.

When I bought the sprocket it should have had in the instructions to add Loctite for best results or come with a small packet.

otherwise...the sprocket will loosen after 30 miles and cost a person agrivation ,time and money.

Nothing ever broke on Fabian when he started building these bikes right? you were a master at day 1.

Fabian..you do realize i am a beginner at building bikes correct?

That's even more reason why you should only be building bikes, specifically for your own use.
Give yourself time to gain experience (for at least a year) before selling them to the public.

Nothing ever broke on Fabian when he started building these bikes right? you were a master at day 1.

I have documented a never ending list of issues that plagued the reliability of my bike.
Do a 5 minute search to see the nightmare of problems that caused me no end of grief in trying to find Honda reliability and in the quest for that reliability i invested two years of my life, not to mention sacrificing two relationships to finally achieve my goal.

Even with all of the knowledge i have gained over that time, i still wouldn't sell my setup to someone else because i know how much ongoing time and effort needs to be thrown at mechanical maintenance to keep the bike reliable under tough operating conditions.

The reason why i have documented all aspects of my bike is to enable someone else to shortcut development time if they wish to replicate the reliability that my bike gives.

nahh..just sold one this morning..do you think im going to sit around for a year and hope a sprocket doesnt get loose on myself?

There are people with DUI's and they need to get to work at Wendys and Mcdondalds so you can eat Fabian.

no one expects great skill from a beginner, but no one expects a person at that skill level to be selling to the public

OTOH, I rarely have time to sell as my repair business profits greatly from those unskilled builders

One possible solution ... Assembly lines use bolts pre - coated with threadlocker . I'd like to see pre - coated bolts included with aftermarket components, such as clam shell hubs / sprockets. Local builders have gone out of business because ;
Cheap, stock, front wheels fail . Tensioners [ Death Pops to me ] encounter spokes . Chain failure ... some due to alignment, some due to inferior chain. Electrical issues [ newer mags have easier to understand wiring / plugs ] Rag joint sprocket / wheel failures, Poor marketing ... Bikes look like hardware store components, not production pieces [ too long a bolt, which wasn't sawed ]
Loctite not used, Bikes sold without being ' run in ' if it makes it across the parking lot, it's salable .

Before you sell another bike I strongly urge you to read RS-68, which is a new Florida law that came effective on 5-14-14....Among other things it states that a rider of of a gas powered bike must be licensed.....no matter what size the engine is...you're leaving yourself wide open for a lawsuit....

Back