Chainsaw carburetor

DieselTech

Local time
8:07 AM
Ok guys I ordered a 090 stihl chainsaw carb, what do i need or need to do to make this work. Carb has 20.7mm venturi.

Here is picture of said carb, they be here on saturday.
41Ri0UNl+uL._AC_SY580_.jpg

I use a g2 reed and housing. Then just chop the tube off the intake plate and drill my holes where they go. Make sure tou offset the carb so the throttle linkage doesn't bind on the intake plate. It won't open the butterfly fully if its smacking the plate. Watch your carb mount bolt length so you dont damage the reeds.

Another method is a tube and two flat washers tacked up and holes drilled where they need to be. Of you wanna go a non reed route. Or just a big thick space block drilled out.

Ok thanx for info, do you think fuel inlet would be on bottom, cause I think on tillotson you can configure them for fuel inlet on top or bottom, depending on your application.

I wanna go reed valves, I want the CDH OZ reed setup when i have more money, for now i will weld up or fabricate a intake. & run carb without reeds if that's ok to do.Any thoughts?

I have two style of tilson, one has a return and one doesn't. Doesn't matter what way they sit. They have fuel pumps, pumps at any angle. I usually have the inlet up top, but even on the side it pumps fine.

Yeah I ordered 2 of them tillotson carbs, 1 to use & 1 for parts/playing around with. I'm thinking of trying 1 on my huasheng 142f 4 stroke!

Yeah I'm learning a lot of my 2 stroke stuff from you professionals on forum, been doing lots of reading on here trying to learn them. I want to learn the ins & outs of port timing & how to port correctly, & how to cut window in piston for reeds.

Back