Chainsaws,weedwhackers,snow blowers...oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's way cool. I gotta learn to weld. I've enjoyed your other builds too.
thanks A-van...even for the crazy, full goose bozo comment. don't make me post pics of me in my clown suit!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

i think my arm would ache from reaching behind so much :LOL:
is that hole in his pants where he caught fire ?
getting kinda close to important stuff there :LOL:
dude is a tinkering genius tho !!!

test pilot, alexlacey, can adjust a carb on a rack mounted bike, going down the road! should I say stunt pilot? haha
yes...he snuffed the pantsfire out, but the hair below his knee was still blazing. Show me a welder who hasn't set himself on fire & I'll show you an underwater welder!!!:LOL: (or somebody really, really safe!) haha
the dude thinks way outside the box....and I'm out in left field, a lot. So this works out good.:cool:

I love seeing spark idiots in shorts, and short sleeves. At least you dont do the OCC thing and close your eyes before you light up. Oh yea, god looks out for small children, crazy people and weldors. Put yourself in the ..or category. This is another reason I like these things. People with imagination and the skills to bring it out. Keep up the good work!

thanks dbigk.

I appreciate all comments.

I got 2 chainsaws today.....freebies!!

I guess I'm going to the garage!

another idea

I saw something on Craigslist a while back (can't find the ad, unfortunately) that looked like a great idea. A guy here made a frame to hold a weedwhacker motor that drove a go-kart wheel. The whole thing attached behind the seat post (where a rack mount would go, I guess) and gravity pushed the gokart wheel against the back tire. He claimed it worked fine. This would solve several problems, no gear box would be needed (easy to vary the size of the sprocket on the kart wheel), and there wouldn't be much wear between the kart tire and the bike tire (unlike metal roller vs. bike tire).

No we just havent gotten around to adding the throttle in yet..still have to do a little work on the :-/ reduction situation...don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves :eek: hopefully that will be this weekend..:D dave?..well gotta run. Oh and i do beleive i caught my shorts on fire the other day..lol

Oh and the rubber on rubber thing ....should work better than metal on rubber ..makes sense!

our 1st chaindrive....

Story starts the same....guy drops off a bicycle & a chainsaw.....
(note; we did this build totally, with materials on hand.)

here is where we started. http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=76719&postcount=36

here's where we are now..... 3 chains....2 jackshafts between the 36cc engine and the rear wheel. total gear reduction 24.9:1

this bike pulls well from a stop & pulls away from my fastest happytime (Rusty)

here's some pics....comments welcomed!

Attachments

• 100_1607.JPG
    100_1607.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 2,988
  • 100_1642m.JPG
    100_1642m.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 3,358
  • 100_1638m.JPG
    100_1638m.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,825
That is so cool. There are so many chainsaws around this town that if I copied your build on this one, pretty soon every kid around here would be riding a Stihl powered bike, the whine of chainsaws would interupt church services, and the city would pass laws so restrictive that I wouldn't be able to ride my Staton powered bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back