Chasing Kows,,, Bust'ing Dirt !!!

Don_Parsons

Flying Pig number 1 is tooled and small parted up for the distance...

πŸ‘

20200728_114524.jpg

Just enough !!!.

Spare tire tube up front,,, extra in the back pack...

Oh yha

Don_Parsons

On/Off road tool & hardwear kit is sorted

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

$20 Cnd funds for small tool bag up front,,, hard box for rack... Black Zip Tie Tight,,, double double Zip... Ha 😁
20200728_134224.jpg

Don_Parsons

Getting more crap sorted on my Flying Pig is a good thing,,, the small stuff that is...

Now I'll find the trail'head tools that fit the bike,,, a few supplies,,, odds & ends like hay-wire,,, duct-tap,,, zip-ties,,, ect........ 😁

Chain links and a few tail-ends of full and1/2's,,, chain breaker...

Of course we all know that the part that breaks is the one we dont have... Ha...

Like my old friend said:
Make sure that the pedal power stuff works,,, that's what gets us home if all else fails...

πŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ’¨

Photos too follow

Zoom Zoom Don

FurryOnTheInside

Yo
Getting more crap sorted on my Flying Pig is a good thing,,, the small stuff that is...

Now I'll find the trail'head tools that fit the bike,,, a few supplies,,, odds & ends like hay-wire,,, duct-tap,,, zip-ties,,, ect........ 😁

Chain links and a few tail-ends of full and1/2's,,, chain breaker...

Of course we all know that the part that breaks is the one we dont have... Ha...

Like my old friend said:
Make sure that the pedal power stuff works,,, that's what gets us home if all else fails...

πŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ’¨

Photos too follow

Zoom Zoom Don
Your left hand side chain is looking pretty good actually Don. Very low angles of wrap around any of these pulleys/idlers. Anď very little sprung movement. Just the absolute minimum, just a tiny bit of damping of the resonance of the guitar string effect that occurs when it isnt muted. Yours is, but that's all,, just muted. πŸ˜„
The majority of tensioning is already taken care of by an efficient fixed position tensioner which also has the bare minimum of wrap angle around the idler (tensioner / pulley).

Screenshot_20200726-133341_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200726-133408_Chrome.jpg
Its great to see you have your muffler very securely attached too! πŸ˜„
.Screenshot_20200726-133358_Chrome.jpg
Wish the bloke in the next bed, here in the hospital A.M.U., would keep his gown so secure.. and stay t.f. in bed.. and Shut. The. F. Up. 😫

Don_Parsons

Look at the size of this cannon ball sproket...

A 60 tooth

20200729_094658.jpg

This is a heavy wall,,, it will get some symmetrical holes punched in it too knock off some weigth πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

A standard 40 size milled narrower too 41 specs,,, very close to a 415...

Slow Don

Don_Parsons

Changed out a drive sproket using the old rag,,, oh boy...

Did a rolling engine clears test on both engines...
With spark plug in...
Drive chain set as normal,,, trick is too find connecting rod too piston compression clearances
20200730_161430.jpg

As you can see,,, the 1 bike had a smidgen looser,,, loose drive chain...πŸ‘....

I cleaned the head and jug,,, high pressure air dried... pulled jug off engine too check piston too rod clearance and rod too crank...

Tight as can be,,, no play is gooder...
20200730_145344.jpg

Couple of short rides,,, re-toruqe everything πŸ‘

My buddy is planning an extra sproket,,, 1 for towing the trailer,,, the other for weekend get aways with bike only...

Pretty fast switching wheels that are rigged up...

I'll try a home made super size rag coupler on it...

I can't believe that these barn bikes are still running less a fraction of general wrenching,,, less the rear sproket/ hub B.S...
20200730_161126.jpg

I will order a new top end for mine too have on hand,,, new jug/ piston,,, rings for $29 Cnd funds πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Golden Ehh !!!

Don_Parsons

Its been warm up here above the 49th parallel...

Been running 40:1 mix with factory jetting on the Zeda 80cc...

Just lifted the carburetor """jet needles""" on both bikes too the 3rd from the top too fatted up the air too fuel... Clip Down 3... Richer with more fuel...

Way better kooling when we're wankking the throttle...

A 48:1 and 56:1 gear sets,,, a thick air fuel mix helps keep the cylinder and piston top kooler β˜ƒ then too lean πŸ”₯... 100 + degrees kooler...

Both engines are a fraction boggy on the bottom end of speed,,, it clears up once the engine's reach to 70 to 80 % throttle,,, super smooth on the long stretches πŸš“πŸ’¨

If they bogg down too much,,, we can lean them out with a quick move of the carb needle πŸ‘πŸ‘

Neet idea for high revs on a hotel day with slow speed gearing...

I could put on my urban speed wheel,,, but she rocking with the off road set...

πŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ’¨

Don_Parsons

I would of never in a million years guess that flipping the carborator too rich on a hot day would make it run better,,, up at the top rpm's that is πŸ˜πŸ‘

Waaaaay kool'er ...

I dought it would very good for power bikes that are geared fast since there is a mid-range bogg spot that the engine needs to rev past,,, pretty easy for a a slow speed gear ratio to do it since there is next to nill for drag on the easy too turn sprokets in low range...

There aren't alot of folks running the 56:1 gearing

Im racking up the miles now,,, Ye Ha
20200731_122030.jpg

And lots of test runs on the strip
20200730_210625.jpg

Parts and tools on hand for the just incase...

πŸ‘

Don_Parsons

My machinest friend is having a bit of trouble spinning me a longer 20mm out put shaft for my fat tire unit...
20200629_101840.jpg

20200619_161302.jpg Hopefully this week it happens πŸ‘

A few extra parts for the trike build,,, and I'm planning another barn bike build...

They are easy to do,,, and simple,,, its all about making them look ugly yet practical... Ha...

Good times for sure,,, lots of runs well the weather is good up here,,, then plug away in the shop on the rainy days...

Chainlube

You'd be better off with a jack shaft. A small plate on the back of the seat post with a pillow block bearing on each side, two gears on the left, one from the motor and one to the wheel. RIDE RIDE RIDE!