Chassis dyno

Street Ryderz

Local time
12:32 AM
So I have been contiplating getting a chassis dyno to be able to offer the service at my shop and since I've not seen anywhere else as far as mab builders go offer this I think it could bring in extra clients and help boost the income at the shop.So I contacted this guy who is selling his 15 y/o set up witch still looks in great shape every thing functions properly and can also be trailered to trade shows and the likes.Now I know these are not cheap but when he told me the asking price I almost had a stroke (sticker shock) and had to decline he wants 18,500 for it complete and said that the eddy current braking system was 10,000 bucks alone and that his cost at time of purchase was 32,000 dollars I couldn't believe it,That would take years to just cover the cost let aloan make a profit from it,When I asked what he charged for it's use he said straight run showing AFR,hp/rpm,timming was 150 and up a dyno tune with remapping for say a harley or street bike was 300 and up and in his shop it was used 2-3 times a month during the regular season.Thats over three years just to cover the cost there has to be a better way.
$_59.JPG

Zedamotorsports is waiting on a Dyno to be shipped to him...it's made specifically for these bikes as far as I know.....I may be able to find out cost or at least a source for one

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Zedamotorsports is waiting on a Dyno to be shipped to him...it's made specifically for these bikes as far as I know.....I may be able to find out cost or at least a source for one
Thanks but I'm not going to have one shipped to Canada and pay retail there plus duty when I can buy here pay no taxes or duty or shipping,Trying to find them used,complete and functioning isnt as easy as I thought it would be there are a few cheaper ones around here at the moment but they are just that cheap junky s**t with no breaking just inertia rigs and old crappy softwear that doesn't read and display in real time.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

All most all the diy chassis dyno's I'm seeing are inertia type and use a data logger to collect the info and relay it to the computer in a wav file or if using an inductive pickup another format that is then entered into excel and the math done then you can plot a graph and print it,That means there is no actual real time display of whats being read by the data logger.To get real time display means having a brake system and other sensors that read the rpm of the roller to calculate torque and hp then if you want afr,engine rpm and even timming can be added but from what I see this is where the cost goes up greatly.

Back