Cheap 2 stroke kit

Black_dog_radar

Local time
8:37 PM
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi everyone, I have been looking on Amazon for a cheap 2 stroke kit(100-150). Just something to mess around the neighborhood and tinker on. Any recommendations ? Would like to avoid smaller company’s with slower shipping. Thanks

One thing you've got right. When you go cheap you'll be doing a lot of tinkering. Often people find fixing the problems associated with the cheap kits ends up costing more than a quality kit from a reputable dealer

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What is important differs between the people you talk to.

For me... what was important is... quality hardware... if you buy cheap... you get cheap... replace the hardware (bolts/studs/etc)...

A quality tensioner... and none of the kits come with what I would consider a quality tensioner... 2-nut, 4-nut... not me! I'm going with an arch tensioner as a bare minimum.

Hub-Sprocket kit.... screw those rag-joints.

That's my bare minimum. There were a number of kits that had the NR80 in them... I am having trouble finding them right now... but I was going to pick one of those up. That NR80 engine has proven to be a nice entry-point engine and super cheap at $110.00 for the kit shipped via ebay. Unfortunately the two places I knew were selling them are both out of stock right now.

For me... what was important is... quality hardware... if you buy cheap... you get cheap... replace the hardware (bolts/studs/etc)...

A quality tensioner... and none of the kits come with what I would consider a quality tensioner... 2-nut, 4-nut... not me! I'm going with an arch tensioner as a bare minimum.

That's my bare minimum. There were a number of kits that had the NR80 in them... I am having trouble finding them right now... but I was going to pick one of those up. That NR80 engine has proven to be a nice entry-point engine and super cheap at $110.00 for the kit shipped via ebay. Unfortunately the two places I knew were selling them are both out of stock right

That's my bare minimum. There were a number of kits that had the NR80 in them... I am having trouble finding them right now... but I was going to pick one of those up. That NR80 engine has proven to be a nice entry-point engine and super cheap at $110.00 for the kit shipped via ebay. Unfortunately the two places I knew were selling them are both out of stock right now.
Do you think the motor on Amazon that I linked would be a decent motor

If it were me I would look at spending just 20 more dollars and buying the Silver Slant engine kit from bicycle-engines.com. They are offering $30 off and free shipping on their complete kits right now so its 170 bucks. It's a Triple 40 style engine with the wide front mount, 8mm studs, the upgraded NT carb, and a few of the other good upgrades as well like a 415HD chain as standard. While I am not one to sing Bicycle-engines praises, they have been good about honoring my warranty related issues as well.

...I went with Hel•io Bikes $169.00 kit... been fun thus far...

Note: Quality 8mm hardware but small sized front mount.

Back