Cheap ass plastic bin fairing and painting... this is not a joke

bakaneko

Local time
7:31 AM
Okay, lol, so im poor and cheap as hell. The bike is running though that engine vibration make my balls feel like they are being shaken like a Bond drink. But, I am going to do a scrambler style design. I have the headlights, rearlights, and seat on its way. But, the top fairing over the battery and gas tank and fairing on the side I need to work on. I could do wood but that is gonna add more weight; this bike is already close to 100lbs (bike+battery+generator+ebike motor) so not keen to add more heavy wood on there.

So, I think I can get a cheap ass plastic bin to fit over the top of the batteries and then cut out fairing design from a larger plastic bin. It will cost me like a total of $10 bucks without the paint to do. The advantage of this is that bin will have nice round lines over the battery that I wont be able to do with wood and plastic weighs very little and is sturdy and weather resistance. My question is if I spray paint it will it look okay? Will it stay on?

Since your engine (generator) isn't directly connected to your drivetrain, you can do a soft mount no problem. If it twists, there will be no chain misalignment. Go to the hardware or automotive store and get neoprene bushings.

Thanks, I forgot about those bushings. Man, I made a mistake tonight. I went to the local park to watch the fireworks with all the s**t on the bike exposed. I had to talk to three cops on two separate occasions. First, guy was just interested in the bike and "scoping" me out. Second time, the two cops said someone reported my bike as suspicious; I guess maybe with battery wires. That was annoying having to explain to them the bike and that I was no threat while the fireworks were going in the background. I wonder if it woulda happened if the bike internals were covered or it was just some nagging Nancy. :mad:

I know this is quite serious but I watched your most recent video on YouTube yesterday and I chuckled to myself that "people are going to think you taped a homemade bomb on your bike". So I'm not totally surprised.
I am surprised that any cop would seriously consider questioning you about the bomb taped your bike, rather than realising that anyone with the cognitive skills needed to construct such a device would certainly be able to come up with a better way to disguise it. 🧐

Yeah, I thought about that when talking to the second set of cops. I was like what kinda of person capable of making a bomb will just put the bomb on top of the bike visible to all and stay on the peripheral of the park away from the major crowds, LOL. Must be the dumbest smart person. Then, I realize I probably should not point that out to them when neither of them even knew what an ebike was nor probably anything about motorized bike laws... :ROFLMAO:

I should have left that stupid plastic parrot bird on there and the cup holder. Woulda made me less suspicious. :sneaky:

If they really thought it was a bomb, they'd have blown it up and arrested you. At the very least you'd be facing a charge of "causing a disturbance." Even the dimmest cop isn't going to ask "hey, is that a bomb?"

If they really thought it was a bomb, they'd have blown it up and arrested you. At the very least you'd be facing a charge of "causing a disturbance." Even the dimmest cop isn't going to ask "hey, is that a bomb?"
I've met some pretty dumb cops in my time, some I even question their hs diploma.... I've even met one that seems to be afraid of his own gun, he shook it so much when he drew it (I was on the upstairs balcony ((was an abandoned house)) and was watching him, wanting to laugh and s**t my pants at the same time). I made him the laughing stock of the station, he either quit or was transferred. Idk which, but "the cop with the shakey hand" title doesn't just get forgotten. I had 11 cops laughing at him so much when 7 friends and I were pulled up on smoking weed. I said "I remember you, you are the cop with the shakey hands". He said "idk what you are talking about". I replied, "yeah, you were the cop that entered that abando and acted like you were gonna shoot a shadow if it made noise!". Then I proceeded to act like I was holding a gun and had parkinsons. The rest of the cops busted up laughing. I haven't seen him since for some reason...

Back