Cheap battery meter

bigoilbob, I'm going to say something. You come into my thread and criticize my ideas and my implementation of them and condescend to me, and then when I take your advice because despite your attitude I see the point in what you're saying, you then choose to ignore me. I find it very frustrating that many people seem to think that part of Internet etiquette is not being allowed to defend yourself against criticism. Then I send you a private message informing you that I took your criticism into consideration, but that I had a few questions for you, and that's when you choose to ignore me. I attempted to contact you privately and was respectful to you both publicly and privately. I did not criticize you or condescend to you like you did to me. And since you wont respond to my private messages, I've chosen to air my grievances publicly so that everyone knows what kind of person you are. Very poor etiquette and very poor behavior on your part. I'd call you sir, but you haven't earned a sir from me. When I call someone sir, its a sign of respect.

Oh and I also forgot to mention that your ignoring me hasn't stopped me from getting the answers I need. I've been asking a lot of questions on a solar power forum, and have been getting very clear and concise answers. Turns out I don't really need a charge controller. Unless the battery is going to be receiving a constant uninterrupted current of about 14v for several hours, its pretty much impossible to overcharge it. Since my alternator is tire driven, it would only be uninterrupted if I drove for several hours without having to stop at all. And since I don't do long hauls on highways or open roads, that's pretty much impossible for me. The alternator pretty much provides a trickle charge to the battery while also powering the lights. They also said the charge controller might actually be harder on the system, since it requires about 1v to operate. Therefore, using a charge controller is actually not a good idea for me.

People on the other forum would've found a battery gauge of interest..........

Back