Cheap Bicycle Speedometer

i have a gps that i mount with a ram mount . i had it allready for my other toys so why not use it . its freezes when i hit 30 , i tired 2 wireless cyclo meters that i had and no luck .

Attachments

• sku_3631_1.jpg
    sku_3631_1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 378
Nice heads up on the lowered speedo price and the brake light, turn signal, horn setup.

I still couldn't get my speedo to quit resetting, but I'm positive it's because the battery is popping out. I might put some goop on the inside of the battery cover to see if that helps.

And I've been wanting a brake light, turn signal, & horn setup... but didn't think it'd be easy or cheap to rig up. This is just the ticket, even if it's not the most durable. It's surprising that the reviewers say it's a very loud horn.

Are these cheap speedos still holding up? any problems? I,m thinking of getting one.

Mine's still doing alright. It resets every few hundred miles or so... but I haven't used the GOOP suggestion to dampen vibrations. I've only used some fluffy, foam tape.

The last 2 speedos I got from DealExtreme were slightly different from the first one I got. I like the build quality of the first one better and the buttons are slightly easier to press... but it's not that serious. It's pretty hard to beat the price, but just be prepared to wait a week or two to get it.

I have one of these and it will not work with the motor running. It just resets continuously. I think it's interference from the CDI and not vibration though. I unmounted it and held it in my hand while riding and it still starts resetting as soon as I start the motor up.

i had a cheap one i got from a local store. programed it and took off.. then lost the paper to reprogram it.. figures it reset on me and now i cant find the form or numbers anywhere. online or in my house

I have one of these and it will not work with the motor running. It just resets continuously. I think it's interference from the CDI and not vibration though. I unmounted it and held it in my hand while riding and it still starts resetting as soon as I start the motor up.
Usually it's the wireless digital speedos that have the CDI interference. If you have the specific speedo we're talking about in this thread, try folding up a lil' bit of paper and putting it between the battery and the "lid". I guarantee you that vibration is the problem with this speedo. I'm starting to think that putting GOOP between the battery and the cover will be the best thing to prevent resets.... in addition to, using the fluffy type of sticky tape. The thinner type of sticky, foam tape didn't reduce vibrations at all for me.

i had a cheap one i got from a local store. programed it and took off.. then lost the paper to reprogram it.. figures it reset on me and now i cant find the form or numbers anywhere. online or in my house
This cheapo speedo uses centimeters as the plug-in number, which comes from the diameter of your rim. My 20" rim is 20 * 2.54 * 3.14 = 159.5 cm. When traveling by a police radar box that displays your speed, it was a half a MPH off... so now 161cm displays the 100% accurate speed for my 20" wheels.

Back