Cheap eBay 69cc (or 66cc) engine kit

junglepig

Local time
3:58 AM
I just bought a cheap engine kit off ebay with the following specs:
1544045624860.png

I know I can't really trust the specs, but I'm curious about the 7.8:1 compression ratio that is listed.
Does this make sense for a 40mm stroke engine with the stock slant head?
Any guesses what engine I'm going to get?
The power rating claimed looks low (or honest?) for a 69cc @ 6000 rpm.
Please, speculate for me, and when I get it, I'll tear it down and see what it is.

Last edited:
2200 watts is 2.95 hp so they are lying.
More like 2 hp
34 mph depends upon the sprocket tooth `count.
If they got any of the specs right it was an accident.
LOL. Probably. They also show a 16.4:1 transmission ratio, which would indicate a 40T gear.
That would be nice. Should get my Felt Twenty-Niner to 40 mph at only 7500 rpm.
If it can get there.
Well, for $66 for the whole kit, this should be interesting.

EDIT:
Kit arrived today. I'm relieved. I got what appears to be an exact duplicate of my first CG kit.
Silver, slant head, 40mm intake, 8mm mounting studs. Acorn nuts on head.
44T gear.
So the specs are irrelevant from the eBay listing. OTOH, it isn't some weird kit. I expect to find a long ZAE-80 rod when I open it up tomorrow.
And it again came with the color A-50/A-80 kit manual. I think this is the CDH power A-80 kit with a 38mm stroke. (I've been studying kits available from various suppliers on made-in-china.com and alibaba.com.)
This diverges from Fred Chelminski's 3 yr old video showing the A-80 as a 40mm stroke, but matches CDH Power's specifications for the A-80 as a 38 mm stroke engine.

Any builders here actually order CDH Power A-80 kits that can confirm the rod and stroke they use?

Anyway, I'm quite happy with the $66 kit, lol.
After buying a few "spare parts" along the way, I've decided the best approach to an initial set of spares for new hobbyists is to just buy two kits when they start. I would have saved a few bucks this way, and had an instant spare on hand for anything I lost or broke, LOL.

Update: A couple of days later, I ran across an even cheaper kit listing on eBay and tried to buy 2 of 'em at $39.89, lol. That listing turned out to be a compromised account. I felt like pushing my luck after scoring on the $66 kit. Oh well. Ebay refunded me for those.

Last edited:
Back